LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandraprakash Upadhyay   26 October 2021

Marksheet delay

The college is not giving my marksheet though result been out in last year that is in 2020.
when I ask for marksheet, they reply , marksheet hasn't come from Board. and when I ask to board, they reply we have sent to college.
now what?
should I file writ petition?
or any other way I have to go?
there are more than 30 students who didn't get including me. please guide

 11 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   26 October 2021

As per the facts you're still a student of the college and thus, it's better not to take any legal action against your institution so quickly. Make sure that the issue is resolved without going to court. For this you can give the complaint against your college in your university as well as to your District/State educational board along with the Press. This will lay pressure on the college to do the needful, and then they would take necessary steps for your complaint.

However, only if the college despite these efforts do not not take any necessary steps regarding the matter, then you can may take a legal action against the institution. In order to make your case stronger you shall also contact your fellow college mates who are facing the same issues, and then you all can collectively file a suit against the college for unnecessary delay in providing the essential documents (i.e. marksheet in your case).

Hope It Helps!

Kevin M. Paul

Anusha Singh   26 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding the delay in getting you marksheet.

As you have mentioned that you had a talk with the board and they said that the marksheet are already with the college but the college is not providing you with your marksheet so you can write a letter to the board and the concerned authorities to provide all the students with the marksheet as soon as possible. If still no action is taken then you have to take some serious action against them.

You can send legal notice to your college mentioning everything in that legal notice about all your requirements and if they are not fulfilled then what will be the consequences. You can hire a local lawyer to do so.

Even after serving the legal notice if the college or the board is not taking any action then you can file an appeal in consumer forum for deficiency of service.

Section 2 (11) of Consumer Protection Act, 2019 defines Deficiency of Service as “any fault, imperfection, shortcoming or inadequacy in the quality, nature and manner of performance which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force or has been undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service and includes (a) any act of negligence or omission or commission by such person to the consumer and (b) deliberate withholding of relevant information by such person to the consumer.”

Hope it helps!



Anusha Singh

Chandraprakash Upadhyay   26 October 2021

so should I have to go to consumer court?
I didn't get .
please explain for me once ­čĺÉ

Anusha Singh   26 October 2021

Try and solve the matter outside the court by writting letter to the concerned authority of by sending legal notice. 

Court case can be time consuming so try to solve it outside the court but if still the college or the board is not providing you and other students with the marksheet then you can take such action and file an appeal in consumer court.


Anusha Singh

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 October 2021

I agree with the advice of Ms.anusha singh ji.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 October 2021

Issue legal notice to college and ask them to provide you mark list immediately if college does not respond then file complaint before District Consumer Commission for deficiency of services and claim compensation also

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 October 2021

In Tamilnadu system is like this. How to Download TN Board 12th 2021 Marksheet Step 3: Select HSC Marksheet, Passing Year, and enter your Roll Number. Step 4: Click on the submit button and your Marksheet will appear on the screen.

Similarly in your state also can do as above.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 October 2021

First, file RTI Application with Rs.10/- RTI Fee in the form of Adhesive court fee stamp to Board and seek information as follows: (Use on line facility)

Information solicited:

1. Please provide me the date of despatch, and such proof of despatch of marks list for Hall ticket No...............of .........................for................course of..............semester for examinations conducted in  ..........month...........year.

Then enclose copy and write a polite letter to Principal to provide you a marks list.  Invariably mention your past efforts with such date and mention the name of the employee that provided you false information that marks list was not received.

Wait for 2 weeks and just file on line complaint in the District forum demanding costs and compensation of Rs.25,000/- for deficiency of service.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 October 2021

Are you the only person affected?

Chandraprakash Upadhyay   27 October 2021

No. More than 30 students facing this

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 October 2021

If so, make a collective approach.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query