LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Sai   12 June 2021

Mandamus writ

I'm an international palyer and with the Go.No.84 of YAT&C (sports) Department I applied for S.I of Police job but the concern Govt department iuused a letter saying that the sport I played was not in the list of recogonised games mentioned in the above said G.o,But I have an RTI from them stating that the above GO contains no recogonised games list.Also Im having an order of central government to a Department saying that my sport which I played should be included as a recogonised Sport discipline basing on the above mentioned points can I file a writ in High court..is interm order is having anything to deal with please guide..

Learning

5 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     12 June 2021

Already you collected the details about your game by Government authority and RTI that the game is not recognized sports by the National Sports committee. Therefore, instead of filing case you can submit all details related to the said game to National Sports committee with a representation to repaganize the sports. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 June 2021

If the information collected by you through RTI application favour your case but the department do not agree to your claim / prayer what is the plea given by the department to deny ?

If you are sure that policy for appointment is there, you can explore the option and move to High Court.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 June 2021

This is a repeat of the same question in different words.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Yes, you can. However, if there is Administrative Tribunal, the Tribunal need to be approached.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2021

You stated that you applied for the post of SI of police post, which is coming under the state government  and not under central government.

Whereas the information provided by you statuing that the central government passed an order to a department that the sports which you represented is coming the central government list of games, but it may not be necessary that this sports/discipline should find a place in the list of of games of state list to offer n employment under sports quota and there is no compulsion on the state government to include this game in the state list also. 

So the sports you represented may not find a place in the state list, therefore in that case even if you file a writ petition before high court, the department concerned may file an objection to your claim and seek to reject your petition on the same grounds.

Therefore you may first ascertain the facts and then plan to move legally, only if it is opined by an experienced lawyer based on the background facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register