LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prince163563   13 May 2023

Manager threatening to extend notice period

I have resigned from my current position and my notice period as per my appointment letter is 30 days.
Earlier I requested an early release but the manager rejected this request.
After that, I agreed to serve full notice of 30 days.

My manager wants me to serve even beyond 30 days. I told my manager that you cannot force me to work beyond my notice period of 30 days. Then my manager is telling me that I should not teach him about policies. He is threatening me that he would extend my notice period beyond 30 days by proving that I have not handed over my work properly.

He is also forcing me to find my replacement and train him first if I want to be relieved.

Please guide me on what could be done here.

Learning

4 Replies

Mahesh kumar Orchu (student)     13 May 2023

Dear Brother,

please go Through these Points.

1. Appoinment Letter is nothing but it is Written Evidence of "Exchanging of Promises" between

Employee and Employer, as per this you  are Resigned with 30days prior notice.

Documents Required:

a) Acknowledgement copy of your Resigned letter keep with you. 

b) copy of Attendance of Your 30 days service.

2. While coming About Extending of Your notice period for 30 days. here, please ready every point in your appointment letter and with what grounds you agreed for Extending the period. (Here underline the point EXTENDING)

3. Coming to point

"He is also forcing me to find my replacement and

train him first if I want to be relieved". 

a) Remember him that not your Duty that’s Duty of HR.

b) Ask him by showing your Appointment Letter, is it    your duty to Replace.

4. Brother be polite in all situation and always use WIN WIN formula.

for any queries please contact

orchumahesh.hyd@gmail.com 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 May 2023

TYour manger is not the authority  and he cannot do anything like this as per his whims.

No employer can forcefully extend your notice period without your prior consent. If you are able to prove that you have completed the notice period, you are not legally obligated to serve any longer. You can send a legal notice to him through an advocate.

You may ignore the threats posed by your manager  and stop working or attending office from the next date of the expiration of your notice period, even your company cannot take any action if you do not accept their dictates beyond the expiration of notice period, you can challenge them legally.

Prince163563   14 May 2023

What should I do if even after serving full 30 days notice period the employer disagree to send me my relieving letter?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 May 2023

Why do you need the relieaving letter?  Are any amounts due to you? Are any amounts payable by you to your ex-employer?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register