Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sivaji   11 February 2018

Maintenance issued on nri husband without serving notice

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am living in Singapore and I requested my wife to join with me here , she refused and filed 498, DVC and maintanance in India.

I am trying to settle the case out of court in all possible ways but my wife not accepting.

Honourable court issued judgement on maintanance case even though I or my family haven't received any notice or information about the case.

As I never received any notice or information legally, am I liable to pay the maintanace ? if not what would be the conseqences ?

Kindly advise on the same? 


Thanks in advance





 6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 February 2018

Case details not mentioned. You can discuss the case with me directly and get proper guidance and legal consultancy. Check my profile here and email me directly. 

Sivaji   11 February 2018

Thanks much Madam for the reply.

Sure , I shall go through the court proceedings with the help of lawyer.

Just for a note, as I am in abroad I have not received any kind of the notices/summons as of date.

I don't have any intention to escape and I am trying to settle the issue with the help of elders from both families.





Sivaji   11 February 2018

Thanks Sir,

Sure I shall contact you via email.



R.K Nanda (Advocate)     11 February 2018

ur liable to pay maintenance.take help of local lawyer to conduct cases in India.
1 Like

Sivaji   11 February 2018

Thanks Sir for the reply

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     13 February 2018

You can appoint a lawyer to represent you in the case.  Your lawyer thereafter can get the said order set-aside on the ground that you were not served. But you need to act fast. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register