Maintenance From married daughter

student

Respected Sir ,

I want to know can father and mother who are unable to maintain themselves  ask maintenance from their married daughter  ( if she is earning )

Thanks in Advance

Medical Value Travel

Haven't heard such extreme gender neutrality under maintenance Laws of the land, but depends if "no son" there to this hypothetical old parents life and if old parents in "need of medical attention", further provided they are "below poverty lines" and also have virtually "no shelter of their own", hence collectively keeping these humane grounds a precedent may create in immediate future.  Neutrally speaking I will welcome such Orders and or wisdom of Legislative wing of the Parliament to think about it too bze either gender children are equal to any parents is it not so.... so why segregate son from daughter in times of extreme needs of old parents for maintaining them!

However if some case reference material exists on "rights and duties" of children towards their parents then do educate me of such compassionate precedents only to the point of knowledge sharing basis.

Rgds.

Replying Soon Nikhil it seems that this question is asked in Haryana JS Exam

student

Thanx Arun Sir and Pranjal Sir Pranjal sir you are right

practicing advocate

I have not also heard, but good question. Let us wair for  other learned members answers

Advocate

I would like to know the perfect legal answer to this query too, Pranjal Sir.

Nikhil 

Yes  Parents who are unable to maintain themselves can claim from their daughter.

UNEMPLOYED

yes, can do.

no legal bar for it.

UNEMPLOYED

it is seperate thing that it is not in custom.

advocate

Thre may be remedy in THE MAINTENANCE  AND WELFARE OF PARENTS AND SENIOR CITIZEN ACT 2007

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x