LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup Chatterjee (Scientist)     16 June 2013

Maintenance for unmarried daughter

One of my friend is the only child of her parents. Her father is working in an central govt organization. He is strictly against her boyfriend and forcing her to marry to a guy he likes. He has threatened her saying that either she will marry to his fathers choice within 2 months or she has to leave home. She is unemployed now. She give tutuions to some children at home. My question is:

Being an unmarried unemployed daughter hasn't she have right on the property of her father or getting a maintenance for her livelihood from her father? Can her father throw her out from her fathers house? 

Learning

5 Replies

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     16 June 2013

An unmarried daughter who  is unable to maintain herself is entitled to be maintained by her father even if she is  major and also out of self acquired property of the father, she has also a birth interest  in the ancestrral property 

Arup Chatterjee (Scientist)     16 June 2013

By which law and which section?

Fo how many years of age? She is 26 now.

Is there any provision that can force her to leave her house?

If father  beats physically and throws her out from home, is it a criminal offense?

Ranee....... (NA)     16 June 2013

A father always thinks good for own child.This is not a good thought to file case on own father because of a boyfriend.There must be something wrong with the boyfriend.If he were a good boy he would marry her in court or any temple instead of thinking of maintenance from father.

Hemang (Advocate)     16 June 2013

Aaj kal culture hi aisa hogaya hai.

Adv. Yogesh Pawar (Advocate)     16 June 2013

totally agreed with ranee mam, i think her boyfriend should marry her in court and maintain her with his own expense. if he love her then why to file case on her father for maintenance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register