Brother, Dont wait till long. you can wait for 2 years before applying for divorce.
1. In US the no fault divorce system is of irretrievable breakdown of marriage as grounds. however while filling divorce petition in US, do mention the fact that she left you and that she is intentionally not answering your calls, messages, emails etc. thus she has deserted and/or implicated immense cruelty on you. this way US judge when writing divorce judgement, will mention this fact. however grounds will be irretrievable breakdown of marriage. that ground is not recognized ground in Indian courts and thats why such x-party divorce is not valid in india, but if it is contested it is valid.
2. in US once the divorce petition is done, unless you withdraw with your own free will, for which i believe 3 different dates, judge will ask you 3 times if you really want to withdraw and it is not out of any coercion or xyz, the outcome is always divorce decree. so doesnt matters what she says dowry demand, cruelty, physical violence xyz, whatever she says no matter what, divorce will be granted in 1 hearing itself. hahahahahaha.
3. your motive should be to get her to contest it. so work in indirect manner. when they receive summons, call them and ask them not to reply in divorce case. they will believe and work oppositely and they will reply for sure. thats what we call reverse psychology. it will work for sure. take my words.
4. also tell them if they are going to reply please do not mention dowry and other things. they will act again in contrast and mention those things. thus for US courts this is irretrievable breakdown of marriage.
5. when they send reply, file affidavit in re-joinder in US courts, denying their claims of dowry and mention that in India, even supreme court of India in XYZ case have admitted that girls are using 498A more as weapon instead of shield. and thus all false allegations. neither of them are proven yet.
6. judge will mention all this facts plus 2 years separation and it seems it will be so forever in his judgement. however ground is irretrievable breakdown.
7. get married after 30 days of that divorce decree in US. they cannot file 494 or 495 on you. as you did not marry as per hindu rites and rituals but in American laws.
8. let her do her game here. she will go to police. she will spend money and finally due to supreme court order on 498A nothing will happen so finally she will loose and sit home.
9. then for next 3-4 years dont come to India.
10. Change your name and if you get green card, try to get your American passport in new name.
11. as there is no case pending on new name and new american passport, indian authorities and cannot hold you back so enjoy...
12. RTI is applicable in India only, but in American its vice versa. the law is on privacy. thus Indian government cant get nothing from American government, your previous name etc etc.
..... lead new life. and if you get babies post the pic to your x. and mention Om Shanti shanti shanti.
u see 3 shantis goes with one om. lol.