LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Patil Mukesh   03 May 2019

Maintenance allowance ti wife and daughter

District court passed order to handover my daughter toe as I am her father. my wife filed a case for want of payment from me. I had income of about 15000/pm. my wife had a proof of it and produced in court. now court is going to order interim payment. I don't have sufficient money. should I refuse it or go to high court. what will happen if I refuse to pay pay.


 2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     04 May 2019

Refuse to pay for maintenance will make the High Court throw your appeal/revision petition on your face. The High Court will make you first pay her maintenance dues and then only listen to you or your Advocate. Chance of getting any amended or revised order with regards to maintenance order of the Family Court is most unlikely rather you spill lots of your savings paying the fee for the Advocate in the High Court.

Sushil Kalyani   15 May 2019

wife sitting idle can not claim maintenance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query