LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lord Ganesha (service)     13 October 2013

Maintainanece even if wife is working ???

Dear Experts

My wife is teaching in a Self Financed Degree College as a Lecturer and her name appears in the list of teachers in the Prospectus of that College . I have submitted the copy of this prospectus as an evidence .

But the  lawyer says that i will have to pay the maintainance  as her service is not purely Govt and permanent .

Please tell me is it true ???

Thanking you in advance

 8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 October 2013

Show her salary certificate to the court. Get it through right to information act to the concern department by an application.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 October 2013

Dear you have only shown that she is employed in such and such place but you have not proved her salary and other perks, which as rightly suggested by Adv Ramachary may be obtained either through RTI and or can be obtained through court notice also.  You have to petition the court to direct the concerned educational authorities to produce her salary certificate and on receipt of the same, you will be able to convince that she is having sufficient source of income to maintain herself and to dismiss her present claim.   


Ask for call of records from such college, the college will have to provide details of your wife salary to the court.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     13 October 2013

Dear Querist

argue the matter on the point of "unable to maintain herself" & show the salary slip or prospectus to court. she is not entitled to get maintenance on this ground but she may be grant on status basis if your life style is different from her or luxurious.

Feel Free to Call

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     13 October 2013

1. If she is doing job and her earning is such she easily do well maintenance herself then she is not entitled for her maintenance. 2. in The court you have to sh own that she is working in such college, in that petition also request the court to give the direction to the concern college to bring her salary & other perks record which she is getting , The court will give direction to the college to bring her record of salary and other perks which were she is getting and on that basis convince The court to dismiss her maintenance claim.


@ Querist,


1. Your lawyer is a cheater be aware from him, this is the simple reason from where he is disguising you.


a. A lady whose name appears in non-government college prospectus as a lecturer, what you think she is working for charity or what?


b. Any lecturer in any college whether gov. or non-govt. is paid handsomley not less than 20k,so you can imagine do she is eligible to get maintenance or not.


c. You and your lawyer could easily go to her college and seek the information about basic salary of any starting lecturer and assume that what will be her salary after crossing any exepriences.


d. Simply ask your lawyer to intervene help from the court to seek her employment as well as income detials by court assistance. As you have shown the propsectus and it is very much admissible in your case.


e. Before hiring or giving accord to any lawyer please do some reaserch on internet to your related doubts as google is more smarter than these lawyers.



Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     24 March 2014

Below is the judgment, which may help you out.

Attached File : 1010794268 hmj jr midha - puneet kaur vs. inderjeet singh (hma s 24) [(2011) 183 dlt 403] (1).pdf downloaded: 98 times

victimof bisedlaw (jobless)     24 March 2014

Dear all,

Please help me to clear that my wife is working in a pvt. firm. I know the place and I have sufficient documents to show her working. But if I don't have salary proof, then it will possible that judge will not remove my intrim maintenance. I clear that it is DV case and matter is pending at appeal but not in HC.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query