LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mandar (consultant)     13 October 2008

M.P.CEILING ACT 1960

IS THERE ANY PROVISION IN THE MADHYA PRADESH CEILING ACT,1960.. .IN THE SITUATION WHERE MP GOVT HAS ACQUIRED MY CLIENTS 1000ACRES AGRICULTURAL LAND AS A SURPLUS LAND,IS THERE WAY OUT TO GET IT BACK?

Learning

3 Replies

Ad Amjad Ali (Advocate )     31 March 2013

Yes. The ceiling agricultre holding act 1960 has been revoked , land under celing act can be backed .Kindly contact

dr amjad ali 9300808051

Sanjay Bhatt (commercial executive)     04 November 2014

My client's grandfather died in the year 1960. leaving behind a step grand mother her son, client's mother and her sister.

At the time of death my client's grandfather had 100 acres of agricultural land in Hoshangabad - madhya Pradesh. As my client's mother and her sister were married off, and they  started living in kanpur and Lucknow respectively, thereby leaving the control of the property in the hands of the step mother and her son. 

As my client's mother and her sister used to visit  ocassionally a meagre amount was given as proceeds from the crop. 

The step mother died. My client's mother came to know that her step mother's son was selling off the property.

On further investigation it was found that the entire property is registered in the name of the stepmother and her son. 

My client's mother filed a case against the MP State Government as 18 acres of land was declared excess and as she was not registered and no notice was sent to her or her sister.

My client's mother also filed a case against the stepmother's son for her share of the property.

My query is 1) How much of the land will go under ceiling act 

2) Will my client get any property from his stepmother's son and the MP state government.

Sanjoy Bhattacharya.

Sanjay Bhatt (commercial executive)     04 November 2014

My client's grandfather died in the year 1960. leaving behind a step grand mother her son, client's mother and her sister.

At the time of death my client's grandfather had 100 acres of agricultural land in Hoshangabad - madhya Pradesh. As my client's mother and her sister were married off, and they  started living in kanpur and Lucknow respectively, thereby leaving the control of the property in the hands of the step mother and her son. 

As my client's mother and her sister used to visit  ocassionally a meagre amount was given as proceeds from the crop. 

The step mother died. My client's mother came to know that her step mother's son was selling off the property.

On further investigation it was found that the entire property is registered in the name of the stepmother and her son. 

My client's mother filed a case against the MP State Government as 18 acres of land was declared excess and as she was not registered and no notice was sent to her or her sister.

My client's mother also filed a case against the stepmother's son for her share of the property.

My query is 1) How much of the land will go under ceiling act 

2) Will my client get any property from his stepmother's son and the MP state government.

Sanjoy Bhattacharya.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register