Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar   23 February 2018

Lump sum child maintenance vs monthly maintenance

Hi Friends,

Need your kind help or suggestions for my query.

While passing the decree for divorce, the family court denied granting permanent alimony to the wife but ordered the husband to pay lump sum child maintenace of 10 lakhs. 

She pleaded for only permanent alimony of 50 lakhs with out specifically mentioning about the child expenses. She had not moved any petition under section 26 of HMA for child maintenance.  I am comfortable to pay the child maintenance on monthly or yearly basis since payment of 10 lakhs is a huge financial burden to me since I am not working now. 

Please suggest me whether I can go for appeal in the high court or review in the same family court. 

Please provide me some case laws on child maintenance where lumpsum was later converted to monthly basis owing to the financial burden.

Thanks a lot

Learning

54 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : kumar
Hi Friends,

While passing the decree for divorce, the family court denied granting permanent alimony to the wife but ordered the husband to pay lump sum child maintenace of 10 lakhs. 

She pleaded for only permanent alimony of 50 lakhs with out specifically mentioning about the child expenses. She had not moved any petition under section 26 of HMA for child maintenance.  I am comfortable to pay the child maintenance on monthly or yearly basis since payment of 10 lakhs is a huge financial burden to me since I am not working now. 

Please suggest me whether I can go for appeal in the high court or review in the same family court. 

Please provide me some case laws on child maintenance where lumpsum was later converted to monthly basis owing to the financial burden.

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

https://www.google.com/

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

(Guest)
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot

Here is the link.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register