LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Mehta   23 May 2019

LUC Tax (Land Under Construction Tax)

My builder Godrej Properties Mumbai has suddenly asked for a LUC Tax worth INR 2 laks to be paid. I bought a house in Jan 2019 after OC was received. I bought at a price which was inclusive of all taxes. But now during final payment they have suddenly added an amount of INR 2 lakhs for LUC. Is it legal . Can I file a case against builder for harassment or cheating.

Learning

10 Replies

Vasant Deshmukh   16 August 2019

Mr. Amit, We too have received email from Godrej to be ready to pay LUC. They are yet to advise the amount. Earlier at no point in their Tabulated Information from 2015, LUC was (never) mentioned. I have asked Godrej to pin point the clause in the agreement on the basis of which they are asking for LUC. Vasant Deshmukh

Vasant Deshmukh   16 August 2019

Mr. Amit, We too have received email from Godrej to be ready to pay LUC. They are yet to advise the amount. Earlier at no point in their Tabulated Information from 2015, LUC was (never) mentioned. I have asked Godrej to pin point the clause in the agreement on the basis of which they are asking for LUC. Vasant Deshmukh

Kunal Sajnani   11 March 2022

hi i also recieved LUC notice from my builder Shivam who is having a joint venture with Godrej for Godrej Tranquil Property in mumbai.

Hey Amit/Vasant, what is the update in your case. did you pay LUC or filed case against the builder. pls suggest what should i do

Vinit   15 April 2022

Hi Kunal, I too have received LUC notification from Shivam for Godrej Tranquil. Have been trying to figure out ever since on whether we are liable to such charges. Guys, would really appreciate any information on this. Also, Shivam reps mentioned they will not initiate apartment possession process without this payment. 

dhram singh   24 August 2022

hi i also recieved LUC notice from my builder Shivam who is having a joint venture with Godrej for Godrej Tranquil Property in mumbai.

Hey Amit/Vasant, what is the update in your case. did you pay LUC or filed case against the builder. pls suggest what should i do

Kunal Sajnani   24 August 2022

since i didnt recieve any update from anyone .. i had no choice but to pay LUC and take the possession of my flat. i m not sure if this is right or wrong..

Ronnie W   02 September 2022

Every one from Godrej Constructions received this... Its pathetic

Niyati Pawar   24 September 2022

Hello, We too have bought the flat in the same project and we were shocked to see this 5 digit LUC amt. Godrej properties never mentioned about this in the cost sheet. 

Kunal Sajnani   24 September 2022

no choice u have to pay LUC.. even the lawyers r unaware and no one will help.

Sandhya Shinde   17 January 2023

Luc tax will be paid by builder itself. Owner is only liable to pay property tax after regular assessment with effect from oc date or possession 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register