LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish   15 July 2015

Love marraige

My girl friend and I are willing to get married anyhow..I am 33 and she is 32...Both we are same caste Hindu. Her parents are not ready to accept our relation. Girl stay in rajasthan. & she want to be married in rajasthan. But one of the rajasthan high court judgement that arya samaaj marriage is not legal without the parent consent. or is the other way of marriage in arya samaaj. We don't want our parents to know about it. is that any other way of legal form of marriage without parents consent. Can anyone help?

Learning

5 Replies

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     15 July 2015

So sad. Hope you have a happy married life in whatever way you do marriage.

But I believe this forum neither will give ideas for illegal marriage nor for marriages that excludes parents.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     15 July 2015

Marriages performed at Arya Samaj Mandir are very legally valid Hindu marriage in accordance to the laws of our land.

Yes it definitely requires an immediate Marriage registration before the registrar of marriages after the marriage ceremony is performed. 

This is required for the authentic records and other legal compliances. 

There is no requirement of any court certificate but only the certificate of registration from the registrar of marriages. 

Lastly what I can roughly comprehend as to what you want to ask in your query is that for the purposes of obtaining a divorce the necessary applications are mandatory required to be made before the Matrimonial forum even if the marriage is performed at Arya Samaj or even if the marriage is not registered.

Anand   15 July 2015

Mr. Manish, speaking from personal experience, there is nothing worse than either your or her (or both parents) not accepting the choice of who you want to marry. I would strongly suggest you DO NOT marry without the consent of both parents, and there is nothing worse than betraying your parents - who have cared and fed you till adulthood - by marrying without them knowing. 

Please be a sensible man and try to convince her parents first that you are worthy of her. Work hard for their trust and approval. If you can't, just break up because you will realise, as I have, the pain and sadness in a mother and father's eyes after marrying someone your parents did not approve, especially without telling them.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     15 July 2015

,Nothing more to add, than what Mr.Anand has suggested U.

surya (nil)     16 July 2015

Go for special marriage.You need only witnesses.Any adult person can become witness.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register