LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prince   22 July 2015

Lost property document

Six months back I sold my property to a buyer.

It was my father's share from his mother.  My father had four sibliings, so my grandmother prepared single document mentioning the share. When my father died, I inherited his property share. My father didnt had the original land document, instead he possessed a copy of original document taken from registrar office. I was told then that one of his brothers kept the original for home loan ten years back.

When I sold my land, I shared the photostat of the certified copy of land document with the buyer. When the buyer approached for his home loan, the bank is now asking for my father's original land document or photocopy. I checked with my family members (my father's brothers and sisters) and now all says that they dont have the original document with them.

Now the buyer is asking me to help him in getting the home loan.

I am concerned, kindly help!

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     22 July 2015

Sir,

You better take the certified copy of those documents and then provide him the same.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Prince   23 July 2015

Thank you sir for responding. I have already taken the certified copy from registrar office and shared the photocopy with the buyer. My father's siblings says that they also have taken certified copies from the registrar office. The property is been shared with others in a single document. While selling, we documented and registered my share alone to the buyer. The buyer says that the bank is insisting on seeing the original document. The buyer wants me to resolve in getting the loan. How can I help him, if I couldn't show the original document and certified copy is not accepted by the bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register