I have used the Reliance Broadband connection in 2008 for around 3 months.
From the day it was installed, i was complaining about the speed and some other issues.
I was frustrated with the connection and asked them to cancel it. I have paid for the installation fee Rs.500.
I told them, if they rectify all the problems then i will pay for whatever i have used it. They took back the connection and never came back after that.
Now, last week they have filled a case against for the pending payment in Lok adalath, bangalore.
I have got a notice from Lok adalath to appear for the amicable settlement with Reliance communications.
I'm ready to appear before the court as per the law, but what pesters me is the following.
1) I have not been given a proper connection as per the commitment.
Customer like me was not satisfied as the basic things (like getting IP address) were not working.
2) I'm ready to pay Half the rental for the used months (though i haven't used for the half a month due to connectivity issues).
1) Can i raise all the points in the court? Will they hear my statements?
2) Is it necessary to have lawyer for this court in order to appear ?
3) I don't have/don't remember how long i have used the connection. This could have been taken as a advantage by Reliance. They charged be to pay now Rs.2925. I can't pay this amount as it was not a proper customer service. How can i fight for this ?
All these big companies have the product but none of them proved to be working as per the standard.
Middle class people like me are very much affected by these companies like Reliance.
Can i get a justice for the poor customer service ? Please suggest some points.
Thanks in advance for your help.