LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat Kumar (Engineer)     15 October 2010

Lok Adalath Notice from Reliance


I have used the Reliance Broadband connection in 2008 for around 3 months.

From the day it was installed, i was complaining about the speed and some other issues.

I was frustrated with the connection and asked them to cancel it. I have paid for the installation fee Rs.500.

I told them, if they rectify all the problems then i will pay for whatever i have used it. They took back the  connection and never came back after that.

Now, last week they have filled a case against for the pending payment in Lok adalath, bangalore.

I have got a notice from Lok adalath to appear for the amicable settlement with Reliance communications.

I'm ready to appear before the court as per the law, but what pesters me is the following.

1) I have not been given a proper connection as per the commitment. 

    Customer like me was not satisfied as the basic things (like getting IP address) were not working.

2) I'm ready to pay Half the rental for the used months (though i haven't used for the half a month due to connectivity issues).



1) Can i raise all the points in the court? Will they hear my statements?

2) Is it necessary to have lawyer for this court in order to appear ?

3) I don't have/don't remember how long i have used the connection. This could have been taken as a advantage by Reliance. They charged be to pay now Rs.2925. I can't pay this amount as it was not a proper customer service. How can i fight for this ?


All these big companies have the product but none of them proved to be working as per the standard.

Middle class people like me are very much affected by these companies like Reliance.


Can i get a justice for the poor customer service ? Please suggest some points. 

Thanks in advance for your help.






 4 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     15 October 2010

Dear Venkat,

Lok adalats are meant for settling the issues amicably.  It is a beneficial process by which disputes can be settled by negotiation.  I suggest you to appear before the lok adalat taking the assistance of a lawyer.  You can appraise your grievances before the lok adalat hearing officers and you can also inform your grievances to the internet service providers.


It is best to settle the dispute in lok adalat itself.  Taking the issue to courts will only add expenditure for you.


Hence I suggest you to appear before the lok adalat and inform your side grievances to the concerned officers of the lok adalat and seek relief.


Best of luck.,

ashish lal (Advocacy)     15 October 2010

You must appear before Lok Adalat. If parties doesn't reach an amicable solution in Lok Adalat the case is reverted to regular court.  

Venkatraman K (Retired)     26 April 2013

My problem is Reliance has given me a post paid connection when I wanted a prepaid connection. At that time I had a reliance broad band data card. Hence I had no use for another post paid connection.

I get a call from a lawer saying that he is going to file at Delhi when the cause of action has taken place in Mumbai / Thane Maharashtra.

This is nothing but harasment and dadagiri, which I do not want to succumb to. Also I have not used a even single second of internet connectivity on the said card.

I have given letter to the  webworld, they promised thay will convert the same to prepaid.


Venkatraman K (Retired)     26 April 2013

Does the lok adalat at Delhi have the jurisdiction to try cases when the cause of action has taken place in Maharashtra ? Can they ask me to come to Delhi ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query