LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kelly (self employed)     07 November 2011

Loan acceptance

can a partnership firm accept loans from the individuals, do the deposit rules as applicable to companies also applicable to firms. thnks

Learning

6 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     07 November 2011

NO A TRADING FIRM HAS AN IMPLIED RIGHT TO BORROW MONEY.............................

kelly (self employed)     07 November 2011

sir,

you said no means rules not applicable or can not take deposits.

in fact our firm interested to expand into solar systems trading cum manufactuirng however looking funds on loan form indiviuals  who are ready to give  unsecured due to our goodwill. please advise  thnks for ur contribution.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     07 November 2011

Dear kelly,

A partnership firm can borrow money from individuals unless there is a restriction clause in the partnership deed.

kumar t v s (advocate)     07 November 2011

A firm can borrow money from individuals for meeting its financial requirements, BUT it cannot borrow to LEND money like an NBFC or accept deposits for CHIT FUND or other finance related activities.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     08 November 2011

Dear Kally

Mr. Sridhar is right

kelly (self employed)     08 November 2011

Thank u dears

i need funds to go for new project and i have a base of customers ( many hundreds ) who r ready to extend me loan up to 5 to 10 years for interest, unsecured (out of my goodwill. i was just concernd as recently in news where some companies were restricted to procure funds from the market vide the companies act deposit rule of private or public placement etc.

all ur feedback has helped me build confidence and any other guidance / comments are still welcome .

thnks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register