Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharath (NA)     28 September 2010

LLM in Criminology!! Pls help

Hi there,

Iam a final year law student from Bangalore and planning to do Masters (LLM) in UK, I have the idea about the admission process and also short listed good Universities. But my problem is iam interested in doing my masters in criminology but iam not sure about the career prospects and job opportunities. And my second option is Business and Commercial Laws, so now apart from my interest interest is it really worth doing masters in Criminology??? or should i opt for Business and Commercial Law????

And can anyone tell more about Criminology???  I will appreciate some response.

Kindly help me out!!!!

Regards and thanks

Sharath 

Learning

4 Replies

Joy Dey (Advocate)     29 September 2010

For criminal practice, it is my opinion that going to court and studying case law is more helpful. In fact, practical exposure is more helpful than academic learning.

For commercial laws, an advance degree could be useful to gain further insight, however, it will depend on how much you can capitalise the degree in terms of translating it into legal practise or academics.

Visit educational consultants, like Edwise, Chopras International, etc. for a proper guidance on LLM courses/universities.

sharath (NA)     29 September 2010

My welcome your valuable reply Sir.

But I would also like to know the career prospects. So apart from practising in the court is there any other field where I have an opportunity to work with criminology in Major?? What about NGO's, is there any scope??

Regards

Sharath

Joy Dey (Advocate)     29 September 2010

Opportunties are created, and not explored. You should first decide what exactly you want to do with life/career, and then chose your optionals.

Besides NGOs, u could work for the govt. sector, in research, for colleges/academics, etc. with a criminology background.

Not sure of any other, since I dont practice criminal law.

Good luck.

sharath (NA)     29 September 2010

I appreciate your valuable advise Sir!!

Thanks and regards

Sharath

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register