LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv Vipin Yadav   20 June 2020

Llm course as regular student

Can an advocate do regular LLM program from any University during practice without suspension of license issued by any state bar council

Learning

6 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     20 June 2020

Originally posted by : Adv Vipin Yadav
Can an advocate do regular LLM program from any University during practice without suspension of license issued by any state bar council

1. YES .... LLM can be done even while in active practice and there is no need to take any permission from the local BAR council, more so since as yet there is no restrictions in the Advocates Act.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Virtual Legal Assistant (.)     20 June 2020

Hello,

There's absolutely no bar in pursuing LLM while practising and you don't require to suspend your practise via an application to State Bar Council till the completion of your postgraduation. State bar council does not prohibits any practicing advocate to pursue LLM from any University. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 June 2020

Yes, am enrolled advocate can pursue LLM course.

Mira Aniston   22 June 2020

Thank you very much for the information relevant to me. Just this year I will defend my dissertation at the postgraduation. Therefore, I have long been interested in this question, do I need to suspend training, since I am a practicing lawyer. Thanks, therefore.

Kate Doyle   13 May 2022

If you want to pursue an LLM while practicing law, you don't need to apply for a suspension of your practice with the State Bar Council. An attorney in good standing may pursue an LLM at any accredited university, regardless of the state bar council's policy. wordle game

mcdonald lowery   14 October 2022

There is absolutely no restriction on obtaining an LLM while working as a lawyer slope io, and you do not need to halt your practice by submitting an application to the State Bar Council until you have finished your postgraduate degree. Any practicing attorney may pursue an LLM at any university without restriction from the state bar council. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register