Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed Sajid Khan (Advocate)     06 August 2013

Ll. b. admission

D/Forum,

Pls. advice whether age barrier is implemented for LL.B. admission or not yet.

One of my relative is around 50 Years old, wants to join LL.B. course.

Thx. and Reg.

Learning

7 Replies

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     06 August 2013

no age bar for any education but i think cant enroll as advocate

(Guest)

There is no age limit to do LLB.  But there are various entrance exams that you have to attend first, like LAWCET in Andhra Pradesh and once you finish LLB, there is another procedure to get enrolled in BAR Council........

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     06 August 2013

LAWCET Guidelines Age on admission: Subject to the conditions stipulated by the Govt. of A.P., on this behalf, the maximum age limit for a candidate seeking admission into the 3 year and 5 year LL.B / B.L Course shall be Thirty Years (relaxable by five years in case of SCs/STs) and twenty years (relaxable by two years in case of SCs/STs) respectively as on 31st December of the year of seeking admission. Note 1: Age limits mentioned above are under challenge in Hon’ble High court of A.P and Supreme Court in W.P.No.6691/09, 7610/09 and transfer petition (civil) nos 857-866 of 2009 in Supreme Court. Interim directions are awarded by the court relaxing the age limits. Admissions into the law courses shall be subject to the outcome of the pending cases. Note 2: Mere appearance in LAWCET will not give any right of admission. The candidate should satisfy all the eligibility criteria and should satisfy rules governing admission as are applicable. The transfer petition (civil) Nos 857-866 of 2009 in Supreme Court now stands posted to 18th September 2013. The case is against maximum age limit amended under Clause 28 of the Rules of Legal Education, 2008 which reads as follows:- “28. Age on admission: (a) Subject to the condition stipulated by a University on this behalf and the high degree of professional commitment required, the maximum age for seeking admission into a stream of integrated Bachelor of law degree program, is limited to twenty years in case of general category of applicants and to twenty two years in case of applicants from SC, ST and other Backward communities. (b) Subject to the condition stipulated by a University, and the general social condition of the applicants seeking legal education belatedly, the maximum age for seeking admission into a stream of Three Year Bachelor Degree Course in Law, is limited to thirty years with right to the University to give concession of 5 further year for the applicant belonging to SC or ST or any other Backward Community.” .

(Guest)

But I see some people who are above 45 years doing LLB after appearing LAWCET in AP, please clarify, and I am now 39.  I am waiting for LAWCET councelling....So, am I eligible to to LLB.....Please clarify....

sankarnath (LAWYER)     06 August 2013

Try for UTKAL UNIVERSITY

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     06 August 2013

For A P Lawcet, the High Court has disposed the petitions... You can read the attached file... Let us wait for outcome of Supreme Court.... Meanwhile you can join LLB course

Attached File : 97600344 ap hc direction.docx downloaded: 397 times

lawstudent (student)     09 August 2013

Some universities set rule as to get admission in LL.B 1st year the age should be below or equal to 30 for un-reserved candidates . For reserved candidates it will be relaxation of 5 years (i.e. SC, ST,OBC)

and near future the enrolloment  age max limit  will be fixed 45 years with Bar COuncil of INdia.

Please note

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register