LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrakanth (analyst)     16 August 2012

Living relationship morethan an year

I am Chandrakanth from Hyderabad. I and my girl friend were living together in the same house claiming that we are married by making our neighbourhood to believe since last june2011 till July 2012. Due to some small dispute, we departed for 10 days and just because of frustration, she ended up taking a decision of marrying other person who agreed to marry her even after knowing our relationship. But, I don't want to loose her. As she is engaged now with the other person, can I go in a legal way to stop that marriage as I strictly don't want to loose her. Please help me..
Appreciate your response.

Yours Sincerly,

Chandrakanth.K

Learning

14 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 August 2012

No that is how live in relationships work. There is no way you can restrain her from marrying if she wants to. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 August 2012

Joel D Block, a leading Psychologist at New York has differentiated between three kinds of relationships on the basis of assumed obligations.

Going together implies s*xual exclusivity; living together adds to this an agreement to combine living routines and marriage the implication of permanence. Living arrangements are the midpoint between the least restrictive (going with someone) and the most complex (the marriage). The very nature of the closeness allows a couple to provide with feedback so that they may recognize and modify relationship-defeating behaviours. It contains an element of convenience.”

Hence "live-in" implies live - in / live - out at any time with wide open eyes and 82% of couples in live-in relationship donot end up marrying with their live-in partner at all at the end of such courtship. Also live-in lasts on an average 3 years in 92% cases. If she has chosen to 'live-out' from her past 'live-in" relationship then respecting her wishes, you should also move away instead of pocking sentimental / emotional mindset akin to Indian men’s’ obsessions.

There is no such Law of the Land to stop and or seek injunction against “engagement” moreover when male partner is approaching the Court ! You will end up burning your pockets. Also note Law since 2002 (ALD HC to SC journey is what I mean here as far as mention of live -in in court proceedings are concerned) have been interpreted in favor of women and club this to her current majority age status and further club this of her saying a BIG NO in public Court proceedings (if ever you ever succeed some case against her) that she does not want to go back to “live-in with you" being adult age person then what will be your face saving in public Court proceedings; NIL. There is also no such laws in India currently which says live-in is socially popular hence such and such Act / Code enacted by legislatures to protect either partners best interests.!!!

Chandrakanth (analyst)     16 August 2012

But the problem is that she is affraid of her family members even though she is ready to live with me.. she doesn't have any other way except to get married with the guy she got engaged to..

It was taken in a freaky way due to frsutration and she is not happy now..

I want to get her back..

Please advice.

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     16 August 2012

HELLOO CHANDERKANTH,

YOU HAVE ONLY ONE WAY NOW , THAT IS  TO ........CONVINCE HER ...AND THERE IS NOT ANY LEGAL WAY TO GET YOUR GF BACK WITHOUT HER CONSENT.IF ONCE SHE IS READY TO GET MERRY WITH YOU THEN THERE ARE LOT OF WAYS TO GET HER IN YOUR LIFE LEGALLY. 

Ranee....... (NA)     16 August 2012

But you are lucky that she can not file FALSE498A now upon you!(you will realise it if you go through 100 threads in family forum in this site!)

Forget and move forward with a different girl.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     16 August 2012

Dear Querist

There is no legal way as per your information to restrain her to marry with that guy.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     17 August 2012

Originally posted by : Ranee.......

But you are lucky that she can not file FALSE498A now upon you!(you will realise it if you go through 100 threads in family forum in this site!)

Forget and move forward with a different girl.

@ Ranee!

Queriest says that they never married.........girl aslo believes/tells so.........so how come this guy may be implicated in 498a, eevn falsely by this girl?

Ranee....... (NA)     17 August 2012

not married, hence no FLASE 498A..simple:)

this is +ve result of live-in suggested by experts in the forum in various threads to avoid the draconian section.

Chandrakanth (analyst)     17 August 2012

But I can't loose her now.. I feel like I am loosing my breath and heart.. That was due to a dispute we departed. She is emotionally influenced by her parents and relatives.... I really don't want to loose her.. Can some one please suggest on what can be done... She is not even listening to my words and not attending my calls...

Ranee....... (NA)     18 August 2012

You love her, that's why..but you can't force her to love you.....

Anind (Manager)     18 August 2012

Dear ,

You should thanks to god that this is not happen after marrying her and have a baby , my suggestion is that you should look for some one else rather then going for somewone left inbetween.

AB

vijay (M)     18 August 2012

@Ranee......For once you are bang on target & correct

Naveen Kumar (service)     18 August 2012

Chandrakanth

Firstly Dont tell lie to innocent House Owners.  Most of the House owners prefer good tenants [ in your case you have cheated your owner] B'coz anything went wrong with you & your GF your owner will get headace. [ Police will enquire them.  It's unnecessary mental torture, waste of time, money, reputation in locality, loss of peace of mind etc., ] If you want such kind of relationship you have Hotel Lodges, Resorts, so utilize the same.

Secondly with regarding your GF relationship it's well answered by experts [from Marriage to 498-A] So best utilize the same, choice is yours

rajiv_lodha (zz)     18 August 2012

Also seek some psychologists-councilling if u feel difficult to forget her!

rajiv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register