Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legal   31 October 2016

Letter to sp against misuse of 498a

HI all, please read the below letter which i have written and want to submit to loacl area SP and let me know if there is any error or short come.


Address Line 1,                                                                                                                              Address Line 2,                                                                                                                        Address Line 3.

Pincode : XXXXXXXX


Dy. Commissioner of Police,Zone III,
City, XXX
Zone : Zone - X, City Name – XXXXX

Contact : (O) : XXX-XXXXXX


Subject: Threat from wife and his relative (mother in law) to falsely implicate me and my family in false case.

Respected Sir,

I undersigned resident of the above address want to bring in your notice that during telephonic conversation with my wife who is willfully living at her parent home in akola has threatened to me that she will file case against me and my family in the future. My wife and her family are now forcing me to live separately from my father shivpal aged 82 year suffering from [xxxxx] disease and who is [xxxx] patient too.

I don’t want to leave my father as he is dependent on me for medical and mental support. My wife used to give mental trauma to my father by not eating food on small-small house hold issue and also threatened me that she will write suicide note on me.

I am afraid that she will falsely implicate me and my family members if her demand is not meet, her family members is also giving full support to her. I requested her to come back but she keep on insisting me that she will only come when you live separate in other home. I am afraid now that in order to meet her current & future demand she & her family will continue with this behavior to mental harass me and my family members.

I fear that she will file false case of 498A and DV case against me and on my family members in the future if her demand is not meet. So kindly request you to provide me the solution to protect me and family member, my father being very aged and due to wife behavior is already living in stress as she is staying in pune willfully from dated DD-Month-Year.


                                                                                                                                                                Yours Truly

                                                                                                                                                                Rohidas shivpal


 6 Replies

sai narayana   31 October 2016

Do you need your wife back through reconciliation then write it to SP.

If your requirement is only defence against upcoming cases, then just file that complaint at your near by PS but tell them that they need not do any enquiry or FIR.

Primarily 498a was passed to protect women exploitation. As time passed it became a tool of threat to terrorize husband and in-laws. Nowadays main motive of filing 498a is extortion. Giving letter to sp is of no use. If your wife has threatened you, give complaint to jurisdiction PS. Ensure fir is filed. Follow-up properly so that wife comes to PS and panchayat happens there. It will serve as record for u. If she wants she can file any case on u. No escape. No protection. You will just have to face it. If life's become a problem, better go for mutual divorce.

legal   31 October 2016

No she is not ready for mutul divorce. I already told her. She and her family want to use me.

legal   31 October 2016

No she is not ready for mutul divorce. I already told her. She and her family want to use me.

When life gives you lemons just order salt n tequila.

A walk alone (-)     01 November 2016

If she is not ready for MCD then let her roam court. Hire lawyer before she file any case you should file case on her. First file FIR against her. Ask lawyer to file as many case as he can on your wife at different places. For filing case you dnt need evidence. Till evidence stage come they will fed up in roaming court and come for MCD.Your mother can file DV. Let them roam court and waste money . don't frighten with 498a. She can't do anything accept filing false allegation. Court also know 90% cases are false. Once you become bold to face any situation they will not threat you in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query