LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Khanolkar   30 January 2022

Legall heirs and share in ancestral property

there is one quesry regarding legal heir and share in property belongs to my grand father,
my deceased aunt (my fathers elder step sister ) has done mutation entry in 7/12 in my ancestral property recently as she was expired long back,secondly i got to undertand that her legal heirs like her daughters,son,son in law will get flat 50% share from the whole said property,is this so ?
now there are some questions for which i am seeking advice,
1) after her death how her name was added in 7/12 ?
2) how much share does they deserves in the said property ?
3) being a co wife what documents are required for mutaion entry


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 January 2022

The facts, as posted, lack clarity. Anyhow, you may be file a suit for partition. Entries in revenue records (7/12 mutations) do not create or extinguish title to property.

Harish Khanolkar   31 January 2022

ok,thanks for suggestion 

Aryan Raj   31 January 2022

Dear Harish,

To add a name to the 7/12 paperwork, go to the Tehsildar office that has jurisdiction and apply for your name to be entered. He/she must include a copy of the sale deed. The 7/12 mutation entry will be made in the applicant's name, and then the rest of the procedure will be followed; hence, adding your aunt's name to it after her death appears to be illegal. 

They will get the property share accordingly as mentioned in the Hindu Succession Act. And to answer your 3rd question I will have to ask you for a better explanation about your doubt because your query is unclear. 


Aryan Raj 

Harish Khanolkar   31 January 2022

ok sir,i will get back with clear detials


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query