LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Legal validity of Notary attested copy

I  had been allotted two shops by local development authority by a fee licence in 1976. recently I contacted them as they were not depositing rent cheques since a few years.I was told that their file was not traceable.I asked them to rebuild file.Incidentally I also cant trace the license issued but an attested copy by Notary public  of local courts is available with me in my file.What is legal validity of this attested copy. Can it be acceptable to department to start rebuilding file.What is required to be done by me and the authority now so things are normalised. I of course have one original letter after issue of licence asking for security deposit for rented shops giving shop numbers and locality.I also have municipal tax deposit challan in original in my name and above property for period 1978 to 1998.And of course water ,electricity connections and sales tax registration number since 1976 in my name on above shops address.

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     27 June 2011

See if it was legally registered with the Notary Public and if yes then it is a strong document for you

(Guest)

Thank you sir.But it is attested copy by a notary and not a notarised copy which you may be referring to.In latter case the entrie are made in notary rehistered,signatures are also taken and thenm document is stamped accordingly.But in this case the copy carries attested copy and stamp of notary public with date as usual

Doveson (advocate)     01 July 2011

The other documents u have r sufficient. The notary attested document can be challenged by somebody. U give them copies of said documents and get the work done. If they Dont cooperate, file a declaratory suit.

Santosh Nawale (Advocate)     06 July 2011

leave & lincence agreement must be registered

neeraj singla (civil)     09 July 2011

if the document is dully attated along with notary stamps are affixed it is valid document. notary tickets are must to be affixed if not it has no value

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register