LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parag (Out Sourcing & Business Development)     04 April 2012

Legal validity of agreement on rupees five stamp paper y

My father bought for me a residential plot ,in year 1998. At that time he also made me to sign on a Rupees five (5/-) Stamp Paper, That I cannot sell the Plot.

But the Plot in Only on My Names, It’s been allotted to me by urban improvement trust, amount of the plot was paid by my father.

Please let me know the worth of this agreement of rupees five stamp Paper, WHERE THE PLOT IS SOLELY ON MY NAME AND I WAS ADULT AT THAT TIME.

I Have Register lease deed On My Name.

Thank You

Learning

7 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     04 April 2012

You are the absolute owner - any condition restraining your power of alienating the property - is void to that extent and is of no effect. Deal with the property as you like

Parag (Out Sourcing & Business Development)     05 April 2012

Thanks a lot Bharat,

But I want to know that, The original sale deed Registry papers are  lying with my father, What is the scenario , If he does not give me the Original Paper of the Residential Plot, How can I sale that Property than..

Thanking You

Best regards

Deepak Vishwakarma (Advocate)     06 April 2012

By the documents which is not in your possession you are the lonly Owner of the said plot. You could sale the said property by getting the certified copies of the documents from concern offices.

Parag (Out Sourcing & Business Development)     06 April 2012

Thanks A Lot Bharat !

Parag (Out Sourcing & Business Development)     06 April 2012

Thankyou Deepak!

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     07 April 2012

I differ. When the original documents are lying with your father, on what basis you can obtain certified copy and sell the property. The property, though registered in your name, was paid by your father and he is keeping the originals. In my view, you cant sell the property unless you suceeed getting declaration of your title!

VASUDEVAN

kehar singh (Manager)     15 May 2012

No matter whatever may be the legal sanctity of your document, but why do u want

to go against the will of your father when the property, as u said, is purchased by your father.Why 

don't u peacefully talk to your father and apprise him about your dreems that u want to

fulfill out of the sale proceeds of the land. Instead of fighting with the parents or taking back door help,

why don't u start earning yourself and buy another plot of your own. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register