LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kasi   13 September 2016

Legal suggestion required

Hello Sir/Madam,

My grand father and grand mother bought 2 acres of land in around 1956. Due to some clashes, they shared 1 acre each and didn't get registered the same. Hence the land in revenue records was showing on my grand fathers name. The entire land was  sub division-ed into 4 parts in 1979. 

In 1991, My grand mother gifted 1 acre of land to my mothers elder sister by mentioning the boundaries around it and registered according to old survey number which was not sub division ed. The gifted land actually comes under 2 sub divisions. But they got pattadar passbooks with half half extent of 4 subdivisions.
In 2007 my grand father gifted remaining acre and registered using actual sub division ed survey numbers. I applied for pattadar passbook but they have approved only for half of overall extent.

In 1991 -> 127-2, 127-4 was registered to my mothers elder sister(as per boundaries) 
             -> They got pattadar passbook with entries 
                  127-1 -- > half extent
                  127-2 -- > half extent
                  127-3 -- > half extent
                  127-4 -- > half extent
In 2007 -> 127 -2, 127-3 was registered to my mother.
             -> I got pattadar passbook with entries 
                  127-2 -- > half extent
                  127-3 -- > half extent

I recently get to know about all these things and wanted to solve the issue.

Can you please suggest me how can i get full extent on my pattadar passbook at least for survey number 127-3? Please suggest legal proceedings to solve this issue.



 5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 September 2016

Land as per your post was bought and registered in the name of your gradfather.

Apparently is self acquired.

The div. if any can only be by him by  a valid deed.

The matter should preferably be discussed with all docs on record with avery able counsel specializing in revenue/property/civil matters for a considered opinion.

1 Like

kasi   14 September 2016

Thanks for your suggestion!!

The opponent manipulated the revenue office and made an entry in their patttadar passbook. I have asked MRO regarding this issue. he was not addressing the issue properly. Instead he asked me to file a case and apply for dispute on survey numbers.

Why do i need to file a case for the wrong entry in MRO records? 

can i get it solved without a civil suit?



Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 September 2016

Consulting a very able counsel specializing in revenue/property/civil matters for a considered opinion.

The resoloution might be possible by escalating to higher officials.

However you counsel that has examined all dcos on record, can advise you the best.

1 Like

kasi   14 September 2016

is there any significant importance for witness sign of grand father on grand mothers gift settlement to one of her daughters? (if the property is on grand father name and he is alive)


Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 September 2016

The owner can gift.

If grandfather is not owner how can he gift?

The query has been discussed in detail.

Beyond it you indeed require a very able counsel to opine on merits after due examination of record and inputs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query