Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lakshmi (article trainee)     04 May 2016

Legal suggestion for giving complaint against my husband

Hi, 

Sir i am lakshmi from chennai in Aug 2014 i have married  it was an arrange marriage. my husband is very close relation to my mother before marriage itself my husband and my sister in law is harresed my parents for dowry still 1 year after confirming the dowry they did the marriage. after marrigae my husband didnt go for the job and iam the only earning person in house i have maintain two families one is mother's family we are stayed with my mother and my mother in law family. but my sister in law lie to my family that my husband is elder to me but his certificate mentioned is date of birth is he is 5 years younger then me and he as another affair before marrigae itself i used find the girls number and i spoke with her i told to my parents and her sister in law and mother in law and then also she is asking only dowry she said she wants check my gold and supporting is brother and my parents asked him he just left the house without informing me due to them i just had a depression i underwent to the treatment but in recent floods i have lost the medical reports and after one month we called to my husband that girl lift the phone and threatening us that she will give complaint against us if we called him after we informed to husband family they are not giving any response so please suggest me any my parents are not ready to give complaint against that family due to my husband father my mother cousin brother

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 May 2016

You can yourself complain to the police for dowry harrassment. As you are yourself working and earning, you refuse to support your parents unless they give you support. There are many NGO's in Chennai. who help women like you.

1 Like

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     05 May 2016

Giving dowry or making offer of dowry is as punishable crime as recieving dowry or asking dowry. Be aware of this fact.

Vicky (Engg)     08 May 2016

lakshmi in your post you said -"after one month we called to my husband that girl lift the phone"

here when you say 'that girl' is that mean your sister in law or your husband affair girl

you said - "my husband and my sister in law is harresed my parents for dowry still 1 year after confirming the dowry they did the marriage"

how come only your husband and sister in law harassed your parents for dowry, what about their parents? how much dowry they have asked and how much dowry your parents have given before marriage? when did you came to know your parents given dowry i.e. before or after marriage? what made you to marry a person whose family demands dowry?

you said - "after marriage my husband didnt go for the job and iam the only earning person in house i have maintain two families one is mother's family we are stayed with my mother and my mother in law family"

why have you not enquired about his job before marriage, when you yourself were working. what made you to maintain two families and what made you to not to join husband society.

you said - "but his certificate mentioned is date of birth is he is 5 years younger then me"

why you have not confirmed his date of birth before marriage, why you have not asked for any certificate before marriage for his date of birth. 

why you have not found your husband have an affair or not before marriage? when you have found your husband have affair before marriage, why you have called her after your were married. what made you to make a call?

when your husband family is still demanding for dowry, what you expect from law to do to them.

A walk alone (-)     14 May 2016

Do you have any evidence like call recording or else of demanding dowry. If have then only file any case. Because only saying verbally court will not take any action. Now onwards when you call or message your husband just keep them as a record. Truthfully speaking nothing remains in your relationship. If you want to file case then file but with evidence. Instead of other case file divorce and leave a peaceful life and forget this as a dream as you say that you are in depression. By filling cases you only got more depression. Because its India only court gives dates nothing else.

(Guest)

Forget court and police. They will give nothing but dates that drag for a decade. Discuss matter with husband and family - if you cannot see a future ask for a mutual divorce. If they refuse tell them about the various legal provisions that are available to address dowry demands and harassment. Get divorce and run from this mess as fast as possible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register