LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RENU.B (OFFICE SECRETARY)     02 May 2012

Legal seperation

Hi,  I am married for more than 4 years and i have a girl child of 2 years. After marriage my husband and inlaws were insisting me to listen and obey my husbands younger brother. For eg: if i have to meet my parents or go out with my husband , infact to keep my childs name also i have to take permission from my husbands younger brother. I fought with my husband many times for this and my husband had beaten me also for this.. My husband kept on telling listen to him whats the harm in that , he is my brother only. Initially my inlaws mentally harrassed me to get more money and gold from my parents as my husband cannot earn more . I was quite , I thought things would change once i have a job, then later they never allowed me to go out nor talk to anybody outside the house. If my parents call i was not allowed to talk personely, someone use to listen to it. I told my parents , they told everywhere problems will be there initially adjust for some days , once you have a child things will be better and fine. My parents use to come and meet me in my inlaws house , i was not allowed to go to my parents house .After 10 months i told i have to go to bangalore and some function is there i fought with my husband and came to bangalore. After coming to bangalore ,i came to know that i am pregnant ,,, all were doubting whether i am truly pregnant or not or am lying to stay with my parents. It got me wild, why would i lie that i am pregnant.  over the phone fights went with my husband and inlaws. i went to inlaws house and came back for my maternity period. After my child was born and it was a girl child nobody came to see my child. only on 28th day naming ceremony was there .On that day my inlaws had come . My husbands younger brother came and shouted on my father and economicaly abused my parents and me. For that also we were quite. All these happened my husband dint utter a word also. After that i got into a job  in bangalore only and i informed my inlaws, they were happy. In seventh month i went to my inlaws house for 2 weeks, that time again my husbands younger brother fought with me and again he economically abused my parents and me and my inlaws were back of my payment and asked me to buy a mobile and byke for my husband. I again scolded and fought with my husband for all these i dont have to buy anything for you, you earn and buy. I came to bangalore then i told my parents all these. Then after 3 to 4 month i came to know from one of my aunt that my husband is mentally depressed patient and he was under treatment for many years. My inlaws hided all these from me, after marriage whenever i ask my husband to go to good job my husbands younger use to come and tell me dont give tensions to him. what ever you want ask me i will buy for you everything . His family members use to tell me always dont give tensions to your husband. .......... I never realised why they asked for more money and gold from father. Now i came to know everything. After that i dint go to inlaws place thinking about the consequences, NOR my husband met me nor his child . My parents are taking care of me and my child .My husband has not given any maintenance or nothing. Its after 1and half year, my relatives and all scolded my husband then he came to meet me . again he insisted me to go to a job in his place and take care of him and his father and mother though they are having four sons. ...... I am working here and staying with my parents and taking care of my child. I asked him about the child , he told leave her with your parents . ..I am afraid to stay with husband and inlaws now,,,,,... I decided to go legally. What should do now?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     02 May 2012

Dear Ms.Renu,

1. You have a right to seek maintenance from husband even living apart if your stay in matrimonial home has been tortorous. 

2. Children have right to seek maintenance from father.

3. Your Articles of Istridhan can be got recovered u/s 406/498A Proceedings. 

RENU.B (OFFICE SECRETARY)     02 May 2012

Thank you so much sir, but i dint understand the 3rd point. Where should i file a case, in bangalore or at kerala, I got married in kerala.

3.Your Articles of Istridhan can be got recovered u/s 406/498A Proceedings. 

siranjeet (JE)     03 May 2012

406/498A Proceedings. is a lethal in the hands of every indian women can be used against her husband and his family "anywhere and anytime"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register