LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devrishi Vijan (--)     10 May 2011

Legal provisions of various Tenancy Acts

This is query is related to Vacant land Tenancy followed by M.C.G.M.

My uncle had been alloted a municipal land in mumbai in 1951. In 1975, he gave the possession of the said land to my father without transferring the tenancy to him. Since then upto 1995, my father maintained possession and paid rents in a timely manner. After my father died in 1995, since then I have been in possession and have been paying the rent from time to time. Though my uncle expired in 1980's, the rent receipts continued to be issued in the name of my uncle as the Tenancy was in his name as per the records. The rent was paid by cheques from our personal accounts upto 2001.

My query is that since my father and I have been in possession and have been paying the rent since 1975, do we legally become the Tenants of the municipal land by default.

Kindly, cite the related laws and judgements

Learning

1 Replies

Devrishi Vijan (--)     11 May 2011

Originally posted by :Devrishi Vijan
"
This is query is related to Vacant land Tenancy followed by M.C.G.M.

My uncle had been alloted a municipal land in mumbai in 1951. In 1975, he gave the possession of the said land to my father without transferring the tenancy to him. Since then upto 1995, my father maintained possession and paid rents in a timely manner. After my father died in 1995, since then I have been in possession and have been paying the rent from time to time. Though my uncle expired in 1980's, the rent receipts continued to be issued in the name of my uncle as the Tenancy was in his name as per the records. The rent was paid by cheques from our personal accounts upto 2001.

My query is that since my father and I have been in possession and have been paying the rent since 1975, do we legally become the Tenants of the municipal land by default.

Kindly, cite the related laws and judgements
"

Please guide as soon as possible since it is urgent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register