Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Rangaswamy (Student)     19 October 2015

Legal practice specialization - seeking advice

Dear Senior Advocates,

This is Ravi.  Newly entering into my beloved legal field.

Understood that a lawyer can practice in any legal field.  But I would like to specialize in few areas and get expertized, rather than touching all.  My criterion:

1. Must get result in short span – approximately in 2 to 4 months (not the cases running for years together).
  2. Good number of running cases (not once in a blue moon cases)
  3. Challenging, Innovative and continually updated (not monotonous)
  4. Reasonable earning (but this is my last criteria. OKay to go low, if other factors are good)

Your advice in this regard is highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Ravi. 

Learning

3 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     19 October 2015

Good intentions but how will you implement.  Cases goes on for years and years on due to dates given by courts. Cases will start coming to you slowly once you start winning. Slow and steady wins the race in this field 

Ravi Rangaswamy (Student)     19 October 2015

Dear Mr. Vinod,

Thanks for your reply.  I agree cases go on for years for most of the domains.  

I heard few scenarios like - Writ petitions, Bail petitions will be closed at shorter period.  I would like to know similar ones.  And choose two or three among them.

I am a lateral entrant to legal field. I doubt whether I can learn everything and do true justice to my clients.  Thats the main reason I want to choose only few and get in depth knowledge in those few areas.  

Unless I win / loose, I may not be able to understand strength and weakness and improve continuouly.

I am not for short cuts and understand your point "Slow and Steady" wins over "Fast and Dumb" but may not be "Fast and Smart / Efficient"

If you can throw light based on your experience it will help.

Regards,

Ravi.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     17 June 2017

1. first  you enrol as an advocate with state bar council.

2. then join senior lawyer to learn court practice.

3.you can then also have ur own cases and conductiong ur cases in court will give you enough confidance for court practice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register