LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ogati Sucharitha   28 August 2023

Legal notice

One of my friend resigned from his job after working 3 years in a company.He mentioned orally due to his personal reasons he is resigning but in In his resignation letter didnt mention the reason but he mentioned as per company policy 2 months is the notice period, he want early relieve by serving 15 days notice. He received an acceptance letter from HR. His manager sent an email to management stating he have medical issues and required a complete bed rest and he offered my friend 3-6 months work from home and my friend rejected it but no where it is communicated to him by his manager. After completion of his notice period of 15 days he was relieved stating the certificate of service letter will be issued after one week. Immediately after this he got an offer and joined in a new company knowing this his previous employer sent a legal notice stating fraud, misrepresentation and dishonesty and misusing his health condition and informing him to pay two months salary to the company otherwise they will take legal action. Can anyone please suggest what action he can take now.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     28 August 2023

After acceptance of resignation letter ex-employer has terminated terms of service with employee hence no action can be initiated at this stage.

anubhav Bhatt   28 August 2023

Dear Client, You should strongly reply over that Legal Notice which was issued by the previous company for more clarification you may contact us then I'll explain properly about your case.

Advocate Anurag Bhatt
High Court
Mobile 9198889990.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 August 2023

Just reply the Notice and as you have been relieved they can do nothing, this has become routine with some companies to extract money from resigning employees. Reply them and reject all the baseless allegations and tell them you will file a defamation suit against them for defaming and you can register police complaint too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register