LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tinku   31 January 2018

Legal help for getting share of ancestral land

I am the youngest daughter of my father who died in 2013. My father has done the will which is legally registered, on which I am to be given a share of his land. I’ve got a copy of the will.  My brothers are not ready to give it and I am scared to go to them asking for it as I was already assaulted by them. May I know:

a) how I can get my share of land without going to them?

b) how long will the Will be valid?

c) is there any legal agency in Kerala which can help me to get my share?

please help me with some answers🙏

Thanks

Tinku

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     31 January 2018

First take many photocopies of the WILL and keep it with you.  Use only those photocopies freely. (Secure safely the one copy available with you.) 

Just approach any lawyer in your locality, show him the copy of the WILL and he will discuss the matter with you and then take steps to file a case in the Court for probate of the WILL.  Do it fast without wasting time.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     31 January 2018

You have to get the Will probated from the Civil court of your district. The court will decide the validity of the Will and if found valid will issue you letter of adminstration and then you can get share in the land bequeath to you by your father. The Will can be made with regards to the self-acquired property or portion of the property by the testator so the father made the Will for his self owned property or part of the property that has to be checked and confirmed.

Tinku   01 February 2018

Thank you so much for the valuable information.

Tinku   01 February 2018

I�m an Overseas Citizen of India residing in uk, with UK passport. I would like to know if this situation will affect in getting legal help in India regarding ancestral property.

Tinku   08 February 2018

I am the youngest daughter of my father who died in 2013. My father has done the will which is legally registered, on which I am to be given a share of his land. I�ve got a copy of the will. My brothers are not ready to give it and I am scared to go to them asking for it as I was already assaulted by them. May I know: a) how I can get my share of land without going to them? b) how long will the Will be valid? c) is there any legal agency in Kerala which can help me to get my share?

Tinku   08 February 2018

I am an Overseas Citizen of India residing in uk, with UK passport. I would like to know if this situation will affect in getting legal help in India regarding ancestral property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register