LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopikrishnan (Student)     16 June 2014

Legal heir details


 My father passed away and i am about to apply for a legal certificate in Tamilnadu/Karur. I have 2 brothers and my monther is alive. Could you please help me who are all i need to mention under "Legal Heirs of the deceased" section of "APPLICATION FORM FOR LEGALHEIRSHIP CERTIFICATE" form?. I have been told by VAO that i need to mention my father mother name also as legal heir.  My grand mother is alive. 

Is it Mandatory to mention my Grandmother name also as Legal heir? Could you please point me to any document?




 7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 June 2014

Yes. She is alive. so her name also must be included.

Gopikrishnan (Student)     16 June 2014

Thanks Sir. So is my father mother part of Class 1 heir or Class 2 heir?



laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     16 June 2014

Your grandmother is a part of class l heir .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 June 2014

You have not stated personal law for the deceased e.g. Hindu, Christian, ………………..

It is believed the deceased was Hindu.


As per Hindu Succession Laws: Mother is a ClassI legal heir.

Gopikrishnan (Student)     18 June 2014

Thanks Sir. Yes we are Hindu.  We shall go ahead with my grandma name. I really appreciate both of your time in responding to our questions.




saiebabu (Devotee)     19 June 2014


my brother in law used to work for a quasi government organisation and

he expired more than a year ago and there was a divorce case pending in

the A.P. High court since 2006 and our case went nowhere since then and

mean while my brother in law was addmitted in hospital and he succumbed

to a massive cardiac arrest and expired now the officials at the office of my

brother in law are not cooperating with my sister and her children to get their

pension and other benifits from the office as they do not know them even though my brother in law has clearly nominated them as his nominees for any benefits accruing to him what should be done to convince them, and get my sister and her children their due benefits. Please answer to my querry     

Markandeya raju   05 February 2016

It is compulsory to claim anything which belong to the deseased. Movable properties= sucession certificate Immovable propeties= legal heir. If the deseased is a govt employee MRO will isue the same . if not have to file suit for the same before court feel free to call 9966997614 for more info- Adv. Markandeya Raju

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query