LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown blogger (ABC)     18 April 2014

Leave and license agreement

I stay in mumbai. I have rented my house last year and i also registered the rent agreement with the local registrar office. now for the second year again i have rented the house to same person, but this time i have not registered the agreement with registrar office but done the same on stamp paper and have notarized the same. More than this my lawyer told me that what ever agreement you have registered last year has validity of three years though it is actually of one year. Is it true. Both the time i have executed 11 months agreement but the next agreement started from the ending date of previous agreement

Learning

6 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     18 April 2014

Sir I am not agree with your lawyer... there is no such validity of three years, if the agreement itself is for 11 months...

Thanks for the reply. But do i need to register it again.

its a 11 month agreement.

and is it compulsory to register the same in mumbai

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     18 April 2014

Not necessary if it is 11 months agreement...

Thank you very much for your time taken for replying to my query.

My society is forcing me to register the same. Moreover they are threatening me to take a legal action against me.

Also they are threatening me that i might get jailed for three months or i will have to pay Rs 5000/- as penalty

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2014

The society cannot force you to do anything which it feels like.  It cannot impose any condition on your personal affairs.  If it is still pressurizing you, a lawyer's notice condemning their act and also to restrain themselves from doing so will yield you good results. Consult a lawyer and proceed.

Unknown blogger (ABC)     20 April 2014

it means that registration is my own choice. What about stamp duty?

is it required to pay stamp duty though i am not registering the agreement, if yes where i can pay it?

Can it be paid online? if yes then how?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register