Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiv (Software Programmer)     28 May 2013

Lawyer has returned my fees

Dear senior members of this elite forum and dear admin,

As my moral and ethical obligation, please help me delete two of my previous threads. Those threads are potentially defamatory to a particular section of the lawyer community.

I have made a gross mistake. I was wrong about my lawyer. My lawyer has returned my money to the last penny (he refused to take any consultation fees) and on top of that he had extensively and very impeccably worked on my divorce and child custody petitions.

Today, when I called my lawyer he told me that he was available for some time and either I could talk to him on the phone or visit him in the office. I went to his office and he was happy for me on my decision for reconciliation and to not go forward with the cases. He told me that no matter what he considers reconciliation the best solution. Its unusual coming out of a lawyer but I guess he is different. 

He had been amazingly busy as was apparent with the numerous files he was surrounded with and the numberous phone calls he was getting. He had to travel to other towns for work and really looked famished but I was surprised to see how detailed my divorce and child custody petitions were being made. And I had stupidly suspected he had not even worked on those petitions. I apologize Hemang sir, I agree he was taking his time to research. 

Each point had been researched well and all my notes to the petitions were implemented in the petition. He had marked points that needed to be discussed with me. My lawyer is a genius. Just simply genius.

He had clarified to me once that he doesn't work for money and money is a secondary issue. In my mind, I rubbished it as lawyer-speak. Today, I realize how wrong I have been. I guess I need to learn a lesson in patience and another in judgement. I ask the senior members of this forum for forgivness. Please forgive an emotionally tortured husband who is living without his son. I do get frustrated and I jump to conclusions without thinking.

I am happy to report that I can confirm that my laywer is a true crusader. He feels for this cause. And he gets busy but he is honest and hardworking and thats all you need. What I needed was patience. And I had none.

I remember when I first met him he told me "I don't guarantee you any solution, this is your case and you have to fight it" At that point in time, I thought he was just making sure he was not to be be blamed later. Today,  I realize he was just being honest and wanted to make sure that I was prepared.  

Dear admin, those threads/posts are not worthy of my lawyer.  

Admin, as I have requested on the PM, please delete those threads. Please let me know what I need to do to have those threads deleted. If I need to travel to the forum's head offices in Jasola, Delhi, I'll be glad to do so. Please someone help me delete those threads.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Glad you got your solution...What a good lawyer!Wish  I knew who it was

Shiv (Software Programmer)     28 May 2013

I would love to share his name but this post is not an advertisement for him. I am writing because I am guilty of poor judgement and want to make sure that a particular section of the lawyer community is not maligned unnecessarily. There are very good and honest lawyers around. I am glad my lawyer is one of them.

(Guest)

That`s cool man...Hope things go ok for you with the reconciliation

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     29 May 2013

It is always better to mediat than fight in court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register