Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarit Das   24 March 2023

Law criteria

Hi 

I am a Law Student Studying in Himalayan University Arunachal Pradesh, I have few questions on Law Practice.

I have passed my 10+2 Exam on 1997 but due to demise of my parents I was unable to pass my B.com Exam.

1.   I have passed my Graduation in the year of 2015 (B.Com) from UGC and AICTE approved University. Can anyone tell me if I pass my LLB exam this year then will it be valid ? Because there is a gap between my 10+2 and Graduation.

2.     Can I practice Law in other state Court ?

Basically I am from Kolkata but due to my Job I am in Arunachal and studying LLB here. After passing out I will come back to Kolkata and wants to start practice here.

3.  How to get enrolled in BCI ?

4. Is there any EXAM after LLB to get enrolled in BCI ?

Actually I am very much confused by having different opinion from different study centre.

I think this is the best place to get the right answer even I have contact with BCI but they are also unable to give me the correct answer.

Learning

1 Replies

RAKESH ISHI   26 March 2023

The gap between your 10+2 and graduation is not relevant in this case, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria of the LLB course and have a valid graduation degree from a recognized university.

According to Section 30 of the Advocates Act, an advocate who is enrolled with a State Bar Council is entitled to practice throughout India, subject to certain conditions.

One of the conditions is that the advocate must follow the rules and regulations of the Bar Council of the state where he or she is practicing. This means that if you intend to practice law in Kolkata, you will need to get yourself enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal and comply with their rules and regulations.

All India Bar Examination (AIBE): The BCI conducts the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) which is mandatory for all law graduates to clear before they can enroll with the Bar Council of India. The AIBE is an open book exam conducted in multiple languages, and tests your knowledge of various aspects of law.

Once your enrollment is approved, you will be issued a Certificate of Enrollment by the Bar Council of India, and you can start practicing law in India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register