LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarthak Nayar   27 February 2018

Language of the plaint in Uttar Pradesh

Respected members, I want to file a case in gautam budh nagar (NOIDA} , district court in Uttar pradesh. However i have doubts regarding the language of the plaint. Kindly confirm me if the language of the plaint and documents can be in English or does it have to be written in hindi? Thank you

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 February 2018

In District Court, Gautam Budh Nagar NOIDA, official language is Hindi, although you can file plaint in English with Hindi translation.

Sarthak Nayar   27 February 2018

Thank you for your reply sir. So the entire application has to be written in Hindi? Do the documents also have to be translated into Hindi? Thank you for your response again.

anubhav Bhatt   27 February 2018

Yes it will be in Hindi if need more clarification then you may contact us.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 February 2018

Article 350 of the Constitution of India says thus:

350  Every person shall be entitled to submit a representation for the redress of  any grievance to any officer or authority of the Union or a State in any of the languages used in the Union or in the State, as the case may be.

If English is in use in the particular place you can give in English. Besides English is the language of law in India under the Constitution. For the purpose of practicability and convenience local language was allowed in courts lower than the High Courts even during the British period. An expert on Hindu Scriptures has to know Samskrit. An expert on Indian law or rather every qualified legal person in India should know English. If any matter from a lower court goes on, say, appeal to a High Court or any matter such a writ is directly filed in a High Court has to be in English only. If the lower court judgment is in a language other than English, an authentic English translation has to be provided. This is law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register