LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sravan Mahesh Desai   07 June 2018

Landlord refusing to pay security deposit

My landlord is refusing to pay the security deposit of 1 lakh. I tried to go to police and he had bought the police. Where should I give complaint. He is playing with the broker and they are trying to show all false evidences and inflated bills to deduct 20K. Even after I agree for deduction. He is asking to sign a copy of reciept that I had already recieved physical amount and then they will send the cheque.

What sections can we use to charge the landlord?

 6 Replies

Siddharth Jain   07 June 2018

firstly, you can serve a legal notice to your landlord asking him to repay the entire amount within fifteen days of receiving the notice.
if he fails to adhere, you can file a suit for recovery against your landlord.

for any other queries feel free to contact me

rajuchowdappa   07 June 2018


Do you have rental Agrement  entered between you and landlord.

The you can recovery the monies by filing civil suit in the court. 


If you need any clarification you can contact me 9980635871. 

Sai G   08 June 2018

just a query since many civil suits never reach logical end after decades, there is no criminal provision under IPC for protection !

Siddharth Jain   08 June 2018

Summary suit under order 37 cpc do not take much time. And, there are no criminal provision, until you have a dishonoured cheque

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2018

You may keep irrefutable evidence/witnesses of everything that has been posted in query…and request the landlord to relate the matter with rent agreement, advance receipt…while you transact verbally or in writing.

If landlord agrees obtain cheque on the spot while you sign the receipt….and keep a copy.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2018

If you are unable to resolve o your own:

Take help of elders of the family, competent and experienced well wishers, mediators, community leaders, reputed person  etc  and try to resolve without litigation…

If all efforts have failed IT shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Rent/civil matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws/personal laws that apply and having successful track record…. and worth his/her showing case related docs and giving inputs in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query