LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madharasan (Network Engineer)     08 May 2013

Landlord not returning lease security deposit

I am living in a 2BHK house in Bangalore for about 12 months. My agreement is to lease the 2 bhk for 3 years for 3.5 Lakhs.

1.But due to my family circumstance I need to vacate my house now [and shift to Tamil Nadu] ( I have only completed 12 months of 36 months tenure as per agreement , legal stamping document is attached). In agreement it was mutually agreed to give 3 notice to terminate the agreement, but my house owner is not agreeing to it.

2. More over house owner was in verge to sell his house and asked me to vacate house by giving only 10 days notice, once when I searched for new house and was ready to vacate, he told the house is not going to be sold. Due to this I was very much disappointed. He did not gave me 3 months notice and when I looked for new house, he did not gave me my money back, I feel cheated.

He is asking me to find a new tenant and then alone he can return the lease amount 3.5 Lakhs.

I am not sure how to handle this. Is there a way I can approach this through indian legal laws ?

How much it would cost to file case in court in this issue.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 May 2013

A lease can be for a fixed period of time (called the term of the lease). A lease may be terminated sooner than its end date by:

• Break/Cancellation (this depends upon the terms of the lease)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register