Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (AO)     25 April 2012

Landline telephone bill

Hello Members

I need  your advice .

My father who is a senior citizen now, took a landline telephone connection in 1999 from BSNL. For the last 11 years upto September 2010 he did not get any significant problem from BSNL. Monthly bill arise generally Rs 300/- to Rs400/- & we pay the bill in time. We lock our landline telephone number with dynamic locking system. We donot have any Broad band connection. Security deposit was Rs 2000/-

But suddenly for the month of  November &December  2010, the bill arise to Rs 16500/-. As soon as we got the bill we  gave a complaint letter to BSNL to enquire the matter & request to disconnect the Outgoing connection as we were sure that someone using our landline connection illegally from outside without our permission . BSNL disconnect the outgoing connection as per our request but till date they donot enquire the matter & told through a letter to pay the bill otherwise BSNL will take legal step. They disconnect incoming connection in September 2011. No bill is coming from September 2011 till date.

We donot want to pay the bill .        

So Is there any legal help that we can get as a customer ?

Learning

10 Replies

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     25 April 2012

Send a letter stating the issue in detail in reply to their letter.

Mention in the letter regarding your regular usage and ask for their clarification.

Ask them to provide the call records for that particular month.

Further, ask for the status of the complaint which you have already made to BSNL

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 April 2012

Issue legal notice to BSNL instructing them to sort out the problem immediately, otherwise you may go to the consumer court for not rendering better serivce and can claim the compensation.

Gaurav (AO)     26 April 2012

Thanks Mr Deepak & Mr Rajeev for your advice. 

Mr Deepak  ,    I had already send a letter stating the issue & my regular usage in detail in reply of their letter.

I already got the call details for that particular month . There are few unknown numbers which are called by some unauthorised person illegally using my number from outside thousand times. For which the bill raise to such a sky high limit. I also ask BSNL  through a letter to let me know about the status of my complain. But they reply that the Bill amount is legitimate &  we have to pay the bill, did not saying anything about the status of the complain.

Gaurav (AO)     26 April 2012

Mr Rajeev, should I wait to let BSNL to strike first or I should issue a legal notice on them immediately, since BSNL is silent for more than last 6 months.

karthik.R (consumer complaint)     02 May 2012

dear sir,
im using bsnl broadband service 500combo plan ...according to this plan night 2am - 8am unlimited...there is error in generating bill...march month i got 2700 rupees they charged for night usage...i technically explained to bsnl account officer but they said ...i dnt knw technically ...what to do now sir? karthikppm@yahoo.co.in

i attached pdf file in tat 3rd and 4th page in yellow mark ........they charged me from 11pm to 7.30am......nearly 4.7gb downloaded.......for me 2am to 8am unlimited free......11pm to 7.30am totally 8.30hrs free hours is 5.30hrs chargeable hours is 3hr....practically within 3hrs maxium downloadable is 2.7gb only but they kept charges for 4.7gb...but i never downloaded in tat hours.it was downloaded in 2to 7am 1ly.....i have examples

Attached File : 108331087 2440057p.pdf downloaded: 137 times

(Guest)

Direct file complaint case in consumar forum. your problem will be solve.

karthik.R (consumer complaint)     03 May 2012

plz tell me the procedure ....

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 May 2012

No, complaint for the dispute regarding telephone bill is not maintainable before Consumer Forum.Hon'ble Supreme Court  held in  civil appeal no 7687/2001 decided on 01-09-2009 that  when special remady is provided u/s 7 -B  of Indian Telegraph Act then remady under Consumer Protection Act is by implication barred.

supria (teacher)     23 February 2014

my father has received a lok adalat from BSNL stating that he needs to attend for adalat on 21-12-2014 but he has received this letter after date has gone so he makes a  plan to pay bill on BSNL office collection centres than i want to say that do he need to attend lok adalat on coming lok adalat.  

thanks

supria

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register