LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetan (Advocate)     01 August 2008

Land Title Transfer


My Client is a Ex-Serviceman and he received a Land from ARMY , whether he transfer it by  way of (Sale, Gift, Mortgage or any) ?

Whether he requires to sought permission of Collector ?

Write me detail procedure



 9 Replies

Guest (n/a)     01 August 2008

Assigment of Land to Ex Service men  and Serving soldiers- Jawans -Land should not be sold or otherwise alienated for a period of Ten Years - AP Local Laws - AP Board Standign Ordrs  


You have to go through the conditions of allotment.  In the absence of any restrictions,  the allottee can alienate the property after a period of 10 years

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     02 August 2008

What my Learned Friend Mr. Kande said is right. The allotment of land to Retired Arm Forces soldiers are always of restricted tunure and under the conditions the use of land cannot be made of other than speicified. The transfer of land would be only possible by succession as heir.

GOPI KRISHNA (ADVOCATE)     02 August 2008

suppose if the land is granted by way of grant cerificate then see the conditions rg non alienation clause or if is a sale then also check out conditions rg non alienation. If there are no conditions then your client is free to alienate the same

mahesh kumar yadav (Advocate)     08 August 2008

if the ap govt is alloted the land then the rule of assginment laws comes into force but this land is alloted by army so there is different rules and condtions, they will issue allotment letter to the allotee when they alloted in that allotment letter they will precribe some conditions based on that conditions, we can solve your problem

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     09 August 2008

please show the conditions atleast to enable to know more in details about it. we are egar to know the outcome. thanks and regards

GOPAL SINGH SAINI (ADVOCATE)     27 December 2008

Distinguish between ancestral property and coparsanal property .Plz tell me regarding these properties.

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     30 December 2008

A Hindhu co-percenary  is a narrower body than the joint family, only males who acquire by birth an interst in the joint or coparcenary property can be members of the Copercenars. A male member if joint family and his sons grandsons, and great grandsons constitue a co-percenary. A copercenar acquire by birth but his right acertained only when partition take place, by an now amending Act, 2005 females members have also been treated as co-percenars. 


I do agree with the reply of Mr. KANDE VENKATESH GUPTA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register