LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prajesh Jehan (Ub)     03 August 2019

Land sold using Patta and hiding Title Document

Title document of the property is in name of my Grandfather who purchased the land before independence.After his dead in 1960 ,his deceased son's Wife transferred patta to her name.She and her daughter sold part of the land producing only patta in 2017 and she hidden the Titledocument which is in name of My Grand father.Its my maternal Grandfather land.We belong to Hindu family.Is it possible to suit case as my deceased mother or me didnt gave any release deed to our share.The land is still undivided and is in name of my Grandfather.Did Patta alone can be used for sale of land?


 7 Replies

DMINDIA 2018   04 August 2019


The Patta of a particular property is the most important document to prove the ownership of a person over a particular property. The name which is registered under the Patta of a particular property is considered to be the owner of that property. 


Prajesh Jehan (Ub)     04 August 2019

so there is no need of Title documents?
one can transfer the name of patta from his ancestral name and hiding from the legal heirs and he can acquire the ownership?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 August 2019

Your grandfather has expired in 1960.  There is no claim for you for a period of 49 years till now.  There is no reference as to how your GF acquired the property.  When your mother was married and how you are claiming that you are undivided with your GF who expired in 1960.

Contact a local advocate and do not get the relations spoiled with false hopes without proper understanding of the act.

Prajesh Jehan (Ub)     04 August 2019

I tought of getting legal guidance from advocates from here...
An advocate can understand my scenario...
getting married is not a divided family...
women have share in their maternal ancestor property as per govermonet act...
I chosen wrong forum to ask my doubt...
if any advocates r available here kindly plz suggest ur points..

Shashi Dhara   04 August 2019

Ur grand father has died before 2005 so u cannot seek any relief.

DMINDIA 2018   04 August 2019

whatever you have in your mind, that you want from us to reply.

If you don't understand that Patta is only given to Owner, if somebody else is receiving Patta then he/she is owner. 

If still you have doubts you have option to file case. If you wish, you can file case of your wish any time.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 August 2019

You have not posted the complete facts, esp. as to the legal heirs of the late grandfather.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query