Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish (farmer)     01 March 2014

Land owners are missing after agreement

Dear Experts,

Appx 14months ago i have entered into an agreement with a 55yrs old lady to buy her plot in AP. I paid 3lacs as an advance and committed to pay the remaining 2lacs at the time of the registration. We understood that the lady was dead due to some illness after two months of agreement, however we did not have any concrete information. We tried to find unsuccessfully her legal heirs, as per her neighbor's she is a single woman, but not sure 

I approached one local advocate about this issue, he suggested me to occupy the plot and have some basic shed and let it out to somebody. Is this a right approach? What will happen if some one claim it after lets say 3yrs time?

Is there a better way to get the property on my name legally?

Please help me.

Best regards,

Satish

Learning

6 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     17 April 2014

That learned counsel has rightly leaded you. Do as he said . The reason is tomorrow someone claiming as the legal heir of that landlady may come and tried to alienate the property to someone. Its a precaution. Dont waste time. Do that and start searching for the legal heirs of the landlady who will be the competent person to execute the sale deed in your favour..

Satish (farmer)     17 April 2014

Thanks, unfortunately i heard that there is no legal heir to her. It would be very difficult to find far relationships.

cyberlawyer (barrister)     18 April 2014

Mr. Sathish

Then you will have to raise a shed in the land put some watchman to guard the same and wait . 

A distant relative will surely try to sell the property to someone who may come to visit the property. You may get a chance to trace that relative and proceed..

Satish (farmer)     18 April 2014

Will the agreement still valid even if some relative of her comes after 2yrs time?

cyberlawyer (barrister)     20 April 2014

Send a requisition letter asking her to execute the sale deed in your favour to the address in which she was last residing via RPAD and keep the proof of service and acknowledgement card safe.

That will aid you when someone attempts to alienate the property. Try to collect information regarding the whereabouts of the landlady as far as possible.

cyberlawyer (barrister)     20 April 2014

First of all have you verify the documents properly and ensured that she is the real owner and now expired ?. Since you say that you dont have concrete information of her death its better to send a letter for registration of sale deed. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register