LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govardhan (private employee)     10 August 2009

land occupied - need suggestion

Dear Sirs,


I am Mr .Govardhan from Hyderabad seeking your help for further action.

 I am having 200yards plot at my native place in Andhra Pradesh, behind my plot some others plot is there. The owner of that plot is constructing a house in his plot and he occupied some part of my plot by constructing basement at a corner. When we approached him, he is telling that it has happened by mistake and he said that he will pay money for that or remove the basement or asked to club the basement with my basement when I construct the house in my plot. He said he will do whatever I want.

And after some time when I asked him to remove the basement from my plot, he said that it will be very loss to him and asking to club it in our constructing while construct the house. After checking the vastu it will not be good to me having his basement in my land and that too the plot is having slight cross. The same thing I was explained to him that this is not good to me as per the vastu and it is not possible to club basement to my basement as the plot is having cross. Then he said that he will cut the basement crossly and make arrangements to club with my basement.

My doubt & question is: if he doesn’t do anything and refuses to remove the basement from my plot, what action can I take? 1. Can I directly destroy that basement? 2. How can I proceed legally? Under what section of the law I have to proceed? And how much cost it will be if I proceed in legal way?

I request your suggestions in this regard. Please give me your valuable suggestions. I am attaching the location map for your kind reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Govardhan J




 7 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     10 August 2009

Dear Govardhan, you can file a suit for mandatory  injunction, seeking relief to demolish the basement constructed in your area.

You have to bear the Court fee. For an injunction suit it will be very less  nominal fee. Advocate Fee depends on the advocate you choose.


Kiran P.V., ph: 9490127914



1 Like

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     10 August 2009

I agree with Kiran's view.

Govardhan (private employee)     12 August 2009

Dear Kiran,

Thank you very much.


Govardhan J

Nasiruddin (lawyer)     27 October 2009

Dear all

This is nasir khan .I have a property in Delhi. I have a tenant in that plot now I want to vacate my plot but that tenant demand for Rs 100000/-

now I have filed a civil case against him for not paying rent in time so he should vacate that plot. and most important think is when I made an agreement for rent inspite of tenant his wife gave her thump impression and in witness his son sighned it but now his wife says that she use sign she never use thump impression.

Now what should I do and how much time this case will take?

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     09 February 2011

u must attest her thum impression from finger print expert a thump impression never match with any other person on the earth. it is easy to compair thump impression then sign

adv kasrija


Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     11 February 2011

Dear Nasiruddin

You can file a memo for report on the Thumb Impression made by her from an expert appointed by the Court and it cannot be denied at any point of time with regard to Thumb impression even though she is well versed in writing.

prashant bhoyane (Advocate)     01 November 2011

Mr.Govardhan, you have not mentioned in your version about the sanction (if any) obtained from the competent authority by the owner of adjoining land. You have to check at the office of the competent authority about the sanction (if any) obtained. After checking, if you find that the requisite permissions has not been obtained by the owner of the adjoining land for construction, then there is no need to file civil suit you can straight way after lodging police report demolish the basement.


9890 614816

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query