IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhusudhan   07 July 2021

Land dispute among children

Please help!
I am from Telangana State, my name is Krishna.
1) A land had been purchased and registered Sale Deed in the name of Mother and Son (Elder).
2) There is no mention of share on the sale deed.
3) Mother has 3 children in total. Father passed away.
4) Now mother wants that land to be in her Son (Elder) name.
5) However, the other 2 (sister and brother) doesn't want the same to be happen and creating disturbances.
6) So, what the mother has to do in-order to make her Son (Elder) the single owner of the property?


 2 Replies

srishti jain   08 July 2021

According to the scenario that you have mentioned, there are four ways to transfer property:

Sale Deed- A common option of transferring property is transfer by way of sale. When you sell a property for a consideration i.e. sale value, then execution of SALE DEED can be considered.

Gift Deed - A gift can an asset acquired without making a payment against it. If you might want to gift the property to any of your blood relatives, Gift deed can be used.  It is a better method than sale deed as there are no taxes to be paid if the gift is made to relatives.

Relinquish Deed- Relinquishment is the surrender of one’s ownership rights in favour of a co-owner. If there are multiple owners of assets, and if one of the co-owner needs to transfer his/her rights in the property to another co-owner then this can be possibly done through the execution of Relinquishment Deed. The property can be transferred with or without consideration.

Will- A property can be transferred through will. The beneficiaries of Will get the possession rights in a land only after the death of the Testator.

Madhusudhan   09 July 2021

Thank you Srishti!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query