LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMIT KUMAR (Business)     27 May 2024

Kindly help

My wife, who has epilepsy, is egoistic, narcissistic, and often rude, leading to frequent arguments. She doesn't want children and acts as if she's unmarried, no contribution, disrespect me and my dad very badly causing tension with me and my father. When we try to reason with her, she threatens to involve her parents, who always support her and use rough words. The pressure from her parents makes it difficult to communicate.

She has a good job and earns well. Recently, she came home late and, while talking to her mother, mentioned meeting one of male friend (I listened and record their conversation secretly) . However, she lied to me about it when I asked. This led to a big argument, and now she's been staying at her sister's for seven days. Her father threatened me (tum bohot pachtaoge yaad rakhna) They always take her side, regardless of her behavior.

Now, she will come home with her parents to argue with me and my father. Their intention seems to be to intimidate us so that we don't speak up against her in future. We have CCTV installed inside our home. How can we get rid of this situation? We never took any dowry (I have whatssap chats and phone call recording saved). Can they send me and my dad to jail? please tell how to protect ourselves? Suppose if we file case of divorcee and harassment then they can file multiple cases on me and my dad. please suggest 


 2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     27 May 2024

When did you get married ?

If you are unable to adjust with her it is better to discuss openly, ask her demands for mutual consent divorce and buy peace for you and your family. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 May 2024

She may not be willing for mutual consent divorce also.

She will sit tight in your house and keep troubling and toturing you, and your family members to the core.

She and her crooked parents may go to any extent to harm you people or slap all types of criminal cases.

But that should not deter your determination.

If the situation is intolerable then you can better give a second thought about continuing  this marriage and may gather evidence to file a divorce case on the grounds cruelty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register