Kindly advise.

Sir,  I'm Female, 34yrs old, arranged marriage, having two children's, From Avadi, Chennai. Belongs to Christian family. My grandfather gifted land (plot) to my father and he built 2 floor building. Now he says he won't give anything to me and he wanted to give it to my two younger brothers. Almost I lived nearly 20+ years along with my family. As a family property I need the equal and proper share. need your support. Kindly advise.

once the title of the property transferred to your father and constructed the building his own then he can have right  give to  any one 


you may filled civil suite your share before lower court ...
Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. IF property was duly Gifted to Father, THEN Father alone is entitled to the property and is legally entitled to Sell /Gift /Donate /whatever .... to "ANYBODY" he wishes too, without any legal reference to any of his legal heirs.

2. However, coordinate with a local Property Lawyer with available documents, and see whether the property can be classified as Ancestral Property, wherein you can then claim your share ratio.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 


*Daughters will now be treated on par with sons of coparceners and will be granted equal coparcenary rights in their father's property on their birth. Further, daughters' marital status will not affect the rights conferred on them by the 2005 amendment – hence, they continue to be part of their father's HUF post-marriage. ???

You have right on land. If your grandpa gave your father money to start business, you have right to business share as well I guess. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x