LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam (Manager)     30 November 2010

Job racket case

I am an accused under sec 420/468/471 by the Economic Offence Wing, Mumbai. What had happened in 2004 that I was in Malaysia & my then friend X (from Mumbai) told me that they wanted to send a few candidates to an agency in Malaysia for jobs. He had charged money from these people & since I was working in Malaysia he wanted me to take care of the monetory transaction there as well as be a facilitator to look after the candidates who arrived there.

Now, after a few months the agency (in Malaysia) suddenly closed down & the owner dissappeared. I was in big trouble cause all the candidates who were stranded there were on my shoulder. Then I took some of the candidates to the Malaysian Police & lodged a complaint against the agency there. The police started the search there. Meanwhile I started sending these people back to India. When they reached Mumbai they went to my friend X & asked for the money back. He went to EOW Mumbai (along with some of the returned candidates) & filed a case against me since they knew its difficult for them to catch the Malaysian agency sitting in India. So the best bet was me...is they can get me involved then the attention will be diverted to me & X can escape from the scene. After that 5 years have passed, I think the EWO has no solid evidence against me (like Bank transactions etc) so they call my parents every year & ask when can I appear in Mumbai. Now the problem is if I go to Mumbai, they might pressurize me & take something in writing that I have not done. I really dont know what to do...what may be the best option for me? Any leagl advise will be highly appreciated!

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     01 December 2010

Unnecessary you have invited the trouble by keeping faith on your frnd., Why don't you talk with the candidates directly?  If not directly thru., your another best frnd to make them to withdraw the complaint against you.  Once you come to INdia you cannot return to Malasia till the disposal of the case.  Who knows how many days case goes.

Sam (Manager)     01 December 2010

Let me thank you for the reply. I have tried talking to the candidates & have even told them that I will return a small amount to each of them (though I didn't take their money)...this is just to help them . They didnt agree...they have been brain washed by X. They feel if they create pressure on me probably I will come down & they could prove that I have all the money. I am stuck this way. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register