Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

psatsankhya (XYZ)     13 July 2013

Job problem

Respectable Sir/Madam

In June, 2012 (13 months ago) I wrote an e-mail to finance ministry in which I wrote "I shall kill you". The message was written to the "contact us" section of the finance ministry (exactly 3 persons in the "contact us" section of the finance ministry). An FIR was filled by the ministry in June, 2012 (13 months ago) against me. The police called me and gave me bail immediately. Since then neither police nor court has ever had communication with me be it oral or written. 
Now I have got a job. The company will do background verification. I'm feared I may lose job because of this FIR. How long would it take for the whole court process including police procedures to complete ? What sections of the IPC could be invoked against me ? Will I lose my job because of FIR ? Will it affect my employability with any company? 

Thanks

psatsankhya

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     13 July 2013

It attracts criminal intimidation offence of IPC. There is full proof of your offence as you have mailed to the concerned ministry. Of course, you have all chances of losing the present job. Since FIR is lodged, it may also affected your future job prospects even if you are innocent as the act you have done shows that you are prone to criminal behaviour.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register