LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARVIND KUMAR (Technical)     13 October 2010

Job Consultant not refunding the deposit

During the period Nov2007 i paid a sum of Rs.20000 and then Rs.50000 during July2008 to a Job Consultant located in Coimbatore, TamilNadu. The fee receipt was collected and the deposit was made through bank deposits (Axis, ICICI) to the a/c which is in the name of the consultant.

But now after dragging for years, he has claimed with local court that he is bankrupt because of slowdown in the IT industry, shutdown of the MNCs (not mentioned the companies) and the agents/HRs to whom he paid commission for process not refunding. Regarding the same the local court of coimbatore has send me a notice to appear on 20.10.10 along with other 39 candidates. The notice says under schedule-A he liable for around Rs.18,00,000 and under schedule-B he has only 57,000 approx as immovable properties (Fan, Table etc..).

Here everyone knows there is less fact in the above claim, as slowdown didn’t hit to this extend over India and china and was US, Euro centric. Need inputs regarding as I am not much aware of legal terms.


 2 Replies

Pradeep Kumar (Lawyer)     14 October 2010

Dear Sir,

 Please join the proceedings on the provided date.He has claimed himself as bankrupt and court has given a chance to all his creditors to claim the money from his moveable and immoveable properties.So it's imperative for you to join the legal procedure rahter than delving into the cause of his bankruptcy.


Pradeep Kumar


1 Like

ARVIND KUMAR (Technical)     15 October 2010


But according to the notice the assert value (from moveable and immoveable properties) dont cost more than 57,000 and the debit is for 18,00,000 raised from candidates. He dragged me for 3 years and i have always placed my requests in humble manner and as a thank note he has left out my 50,000 deposit in his petition to the court without any mention. Only my first installment of 20,000 is been mentioned.

Here i want to know any way  existing to recover my hard earned money from him.  Friends in law field might have faced/seen this like cases and know how it will further go.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query