LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

goutam pradhan (manager)     26 November 2012

Its an urgent...

hi every body..  i m having problem of marriage..first of all i m 20+ and my gf is 20+.and we both want to mary each other.but mah gf's family is doing her marriage force fully.her family is threatning her.we both dont want to marry now but we dont have any other optionn also.she is tightly kept in her house and her family members are not giving her chance to touch the phone or to go outside.and they are fixing by thereselves. so i want to knw what are the ways u will sugest me in this situatuion and please dnt say anything that its ur future and tak to families and bla bla bla.. i want to knw how indian law can help me  in this case.and her father is in police.. tell me the ways that   can help me to tak to my advocate and to file the case.its very serious


 10 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     26 November 2012

if she can come out of the cage then you can marry in a aryasamaj mandir.Do you think she can do this for you after marriage is fixed?Her consent and confidence is very important .

You can marry her and only then you can be in a legal relationship with her and then Indian law can do something for you.

Gaurav (Advocate)     26 November 2012

Untill and unless, both of you are not married, Law cannot assist you....And for marriage girl has to come out of the cage by hook or crook.. Once married you can approach the High Court of your state for police protection. Main thing required is Girl should be favouring you.

goutam pradhan (manager)     26 November 2012

she is now leaving in assam and her marriage willbe in bihar. we cant use  aryasamaj and wat if i use harbeous corpous and any more u can suggest me

goutam pradhan (manager)     26 November 2012

yes she is completely favouring me and i m a studying mahh final year a nd my age is 20+ . my dob is do u thnk i m major

Gaurav (Advocate)     26 November 2012

According to HIndu Marriage Act Groom has to be minimum 21 years and Bride 18 years of age.

It is not necessary that you have to marry as per Arya Samaj. You can follow the customs of either you or girl and then move to High Court for protection.

As far as Habeous corpus is concerned, you can file that. But you hace to be sure that once recover, Girl should give statement in your favor.

Ranee....... (NA)     26 November 2012

which place of assam?

BTW, do you have any income source of your own?

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     26 November 2012

After you answer Ranee's concern you need to know that you should be 21 to get married.....If you really think that you have the girl's support, even if you make a call to police control room, some one should go and check.....




You may too go to the police station but considering that your gf's dad is in police, you might get harassed....




You can also proceed under Sec 97 CrPc....Take a sound decision....






1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 November 2012

I agree to opinion of @ Gaurav.

Irrespective of other social talks of other repliers you have to first of all wait to become 21 years old then come here we will talk on law points in reference to context.

For boy to be underage at the time of usage of Law is not advisable is my view. Had it been girl’s case my reply would have been reverse for a simple fact boy’s don’t have feline puberty issues which Law recognizes and has given relaxation as of date to girls in reference to marriage age as benchmark. 

1 Like


@Goutam Pradhan

"she is now leaving in assam and her marriage willbe in bihar. we cant use  aryasamaj and wat if i use harbeous corpous and any more u can suggest me"

What do you mean here by "harbeous corpous" in the above statement?

Let me tell you if you mean"Habeas corpus",it's a constitutional term.It's a writ to ensure a safeguard against unlawful dention by police authorities.

If you wanted to say what if you dentained the girl,then followings points for you-

1.It's not habeas corpus.

2.It's called kindnapping(in case of minors )or abduction(in case of majors). will be in the ambit of IPC,section will be charged accordingly.

Somtimes,Vomiting of words may make the things worst.Remember......

goutam pradhan (manager)     27 November 2012

na sir i m a student  of engineering...but why . btw now she is in jorhat ongc campus

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register